Chapter 13: Sparking Anger

Börja om från början

The warmth from the touch faded, and Nan Yi snapped back to reality.

"Mr. Nan, were you also invited to attend the birthday banquet of Elder Yan?"

Bai Shanyao inquired, attempting to change the topic.

Nan Yi blinked and gave a slight nod.

"I came with He Yushen, so I suppose I was invited."

"Right, that was a silly question of me," Bai Shanyao said with a chuckle. Nan Yi seemed a bit taken aback.

As Bai Shanyao looked his way, Nan Yi quickly averted his gaze, cheeks tinged with pink.

Strangely, his heart was pounding hard.

He felt a rising warmth.

Is it the onset of a fever again?

"Mr. Nan, I should go now."

Bai Shanyao glanced at the time on his phone, seemingly in a rush.

As he was about to leave, a thought struck him. He turned back and said in a tone one would use with a child, "Join your friends later, don't stand alone in the corner."

Nan Yi nodded, cheeks flushed. Bai Shanyao, finding him obedient, playfully ruffled his hair, a gesture he often used with children at the hospital.

Nan Yi lowered his head slightly, rigid, feeling his cheeks grow hotter.

"Why is Mr. Nan..." On the balcony of the second floor stood three figures: He Yushen, Song Jing, and Yan An.

From their vantage point, they had a clear view of the first floor. Every move between Nan Yi and Bai Shanyao was in plain sight.

Song Jing feigned shock, his sentence hanging, but his expression was slightly smug.

Yan An looked equally taken aback.

Of the trio, only He Yushen remained expressionless, as if watching a passerby, with no discernible emotion.

Song Jing sneaked a glance at him. Seeing He Yushen indifferent to Nan Yi's intimate actions with someone else, his smirk became more pronounced.

It seemed that in He Yushen's heart, Nan Yi was nothing special. Without Nan Yi, there were others; a mute who posed even less of a threat.

Especially a subpar omega.

Nan Yi stared at Bai Shanyao's retreating figure for what felt like ages. Even after the silhouette vanished outside and got into a car, he was still in a daze.

After standing there for a while, his heart rate gradually returned to normal.

With Bai Shanyao stepping in earlier, those two alphas didn't bother Nan Yi again.

Feeling drowsy, Nan Yi wanted to return to the villa, but after searching multiple times for He Yushen, he came up empty. Finally, he found a spot and sat down, lost in thought.

Not long after sitting down, he felt the need to visit the restroom. He stood up and made his way there.

As soon as he stepped out of the stall, he spotted the person he'd been searching for all evening, standing by the washbasin.

The restroom door was closed.

He Yushen leaned lazily against the basin's wall, a cigarette between his fingers. His gaze towards Nan Yi was deep and calm.

Smoke spiraled out of his mouth, momentarily veiling his face like a sheer curtain.

For reasons unknown, Nan Yi felt a wave of anxiety.

Even approaching the washbasin seemed hesitant.

The standing alpha clicked his tongue and tossed the cigarette into a nearby trash bin.

Nan Yi's hand washing paused, his body jolting in surprise.

He realized he was easily startled.

He Yushen remarked, "Just last night, you left my bed. Today, you're already enticing alphas? Behind that innocent face, I hadn't expected you to be so desperate."

The offensive words hit Nan Yi, and he looked at He Yushen in disbelief.

Meeting those deer-like, cold yet animated eyes, He Yushen's irritation grew.

"What now? Playing the innocent card in front of me again?"

Agitated, he pinched Nan Yi's chubby cheek and snapped, "If you're so desperate, why not beg me? Can a mere skeleton of an alpha truly satisfy you?"

"You enjoyed him touching your head? Weren't you the one who schemed to replace your brother as my betrothed?"

Nan Yi couldn't understand why He Yushen was suddenly so infuriated. The entire restroom was filled with He Yushen's oppressive pheromones, making it hard for Nan Yi to breathe.

Looking into those watery eyes, He Yushen scornfully continued, "Nan Zhaomin said it was you who posed as Nan Zhi. Even he was fooled. And now you want to play innocent again?"

"You think that just because I've marked you, I won't abandon you? And you dare to flirt with others in front of me?"