Chapter 11: Would I eat a human?

Start from the beginning

"Why? If he lacks attire, he shouldn't attend at all!"

"A mute attending a banquet? He'd only disgrace Brother Shen," Song Jing said, dripping with contempt.

The butler's expression turned stern, "Miss Jing! Know your place."

"Mr. Nan is second in status here only to Master He."

Song Jing's face darkened. Unable to retort against the butler, she huffed and made her way upstairs.

"You..."  "I sincerely apologize, Mr. Nan," the butler said remorsefully, watching his retreating figure. He regretted his prior indulgence towards Song Jing when there were fewer inhabitants in the mansion.

Nan Yi shook his head, choosing not to transfer his displeasure with Song Jing onto the butler.

Ultimately, the butler provided Nan Yi with one of Song Jing's suits.

A white suit.

It was a formal suit Song Jing had prepped in advance, having chosen the black variant for herself and leaving the white one for Nan Yi.

Nan Yi changed in the bedroom.

After dressing, He Yushen sat motionless on the bed. He paused momentarily when Nan Yi entered with the white suit.

He Yushen urged, "Don't dawdle. Change quickly, and let's go."

Fortunately, after speaking, the man left the bedroom. Nan Yi glanced at the closed door and began to dress.

Although he was slighter in build than Song Jing, the suit was just a tad loose but appeared form-fitting from the outside.

He was the last to descend the stairs, reaching the ground floor just as He Yushen's patience seemed to be nearing its limit.

The man seated in the living room didn't spare him a glance, heading straight for the exit.

As when they had entered, Nan Yi quietly followed a respectable distance behind the duo.

Outside, two cars awaited.

After a moment's hesitation, Nan Yi headed toward the car at the rear.

"Get in." The black window rolled down, revealing the emotionless profile of the alpha in the backseat.

Struck by the nearly flawless jawline, Nan Yi paused before moving to the front passenger door.

"Tsk, is sitting in the back too much for you?"

Nan Yi hesitated, then circled the car and, from the other side, got into the back seat next to the stern-faced He Yushen.

He Yushen glanced at the Omega squeezing himself into the corner and furrowed his brow again. "Do I bite?"

Nan Yi weakly shook his head, fearful of upsetting the person beside him, doing his best to make himself inconspicuous.

The car became silent. After a while, Nan Yi sneaked a peek at the person beside him. He Yushen was resting his eyes.

The confined space of the car started to feel stifling. Perhaps due to missing dinner, Nan Yi felt a wave of motion sickness for the first time.

Dizzy and nauseous, he wanted to roll down the window for fresh air but was worried the cold wind might bother He Yushen.

Unwilling to upset the irritable alpha over such a minor issue, he suppressed his discomfort, hoping they'd soon reach their destination.

Fortunately, the drive wasn't too long. As Nan Yi's endurance neared its limit, the car finally stopped.

It halted outside a luxurious and grand hotel.

As Nan Yi marveled at the hotel's opulence, smiling faces approached to greet He Yushen.

Stepping out of the car, He Yushen turned to look at Nan Yi, still seated inside. The Omega's complexion seemed paler, his light brows furrowed, yet his eyes glistened as they fixed on the hotel.

With a hint of irritation, He Yushen ordered, "Get out."

Startled, Nan Yi hurriedly exited the vehicle, standing somewhat lost beside He Yushen.

A sycophantic middle-aged man approached, casting a gleeful look at Nan Yi.

"Who might this be? When did Master He develop an interest in sweet Omegas?" Without waiting for He Yushen's reply, the man ogled the faint blush on Nan Yi's neck, smirking lasciviously.

Feeling woozy from the car ride, Nan Yi's head felt heavy, leaving him with little energy. He was taken aback by the man's words.

"Brother Shen? Why aren't we going inside yet?" Song Jing, who had ridden in the other car, had also disembarked.

Approaching He Yushen, she positioned herself between him and Nan Yi.

"Ah, young master Song Jing is here too." The middle-aged man greeted Song Jing with the same sycophantic tone, devoid of the lewdness he'd shown when looking at Nan Yi.

Nan Yi thought: He Yushen must frequently bring Song Jing to these events.

Otherwise, how could the son of a butler be treated with such respect by a man who at a mere glance is either wealthy or noble?