Chapter 1: Marrying a Top-Tier Alpha for My Brother

Comincia dall'inizio

Nan Yi couldn't fathom why Nan Zhi would abandon such a high-tier alpha and disappear so suddenly.

However, he could empathize. After all, who would want to marry a man they've never met, solely because of their parents' greed?

"You better explain what's going on. My patience is limited."

Seeing that Nan Yi remained silent, He Yu Shen stepped forward and grasped his chin tightly.

The immense force almost crushed Nan Yi's chin, causing him to wince in pain.

He had always had a low pain tolerance. As a child, he never missed an assignment out of fear of being slapped on the hand by his teacher.

His innocent eyes welled up with tears.

He Yu Shen paused for a moment.

His elongated, upturned eyes tinged with red, yet tears never fell.

Nan Yi was in pain and unable to speak.

He loathed the man before him.

"No answer? Call Lao Wang!"

Rage almost overflowed from the man's enchanting peach-blossom eyes. Faced with Nan Yi's continued silence, his anger reached a boiling point.

"Young Master."

Moments after his call, a stern and respectful voice echoed from outside the door.

"Go to the Nan residence! Bring me Nan Zhi Min!"

Nan Yi was roughly yanked up by He Yu Shen, the hand gripping his arm exerted considerable force.

He guessed that his arm might already be bruised.

It truly hurt.

On the very first day Nan Yi arrived at the He residence, He Yu Shen discerned his true identity. This was both expected and surprising for Nan Yi.

He hadn't anticipated it would happen so quickly, with just one glance.

Nan Yi and Nan Zhi looked strikingly similar, being twins, often causing people to confuse the two.

However, acquaintances could usually tell them apart.

Their eyes were distinct; while Nan Yi's were slender with upturned tails, Nan Zhi's were round, pure, and endearing.

Their eyes seemed to reflect their personalities: one aloof and quiet, the other lively and charming.

But being mute, perhaps Nan Yi's silence was natural.

"Yes, Young Master, but I'm unsure if Lord Nan is asleep at this late hour."

The man outside voiced his concern.

"Do I care if Mr. Nan is resting?"

"Fetch him!"

He Yu Shen's oppressive pheromones weighed down on Nan Yi, making him feel as if he couldn't breathe.

He Yu Shen yanked him from the bed and tossed him to the floor.

Perhaps he felt Nan Yi had dirtied his bed.

The room's atmosphere was stifling. Nan Yi carefully got up from the floor and cautiously stood to the side.

With a dark expression, He Yu Shen sat in a chair, silent.

Nan Yi thought He must have deeply admired Nan Zhi, else he wouldn't have recognized the deception at first glance.

Perhaps finding Nan Yi's presence offensive, He Yu Shen, after a few quiet minutes, insulted him again.

"A low-quality omega like you aspiring to join the He family? Who gave you such audacity?"

He Yu Shen sneered at the timid figure beside him, his eyes filled with disdain.

Nan Yi detested being wrongfully accused. He wanted to explain and began gesturing in sign language.

In sign language: "I had no intentions of joining the He family. My brother disappeared, and the Nan family, fearing repercussions, sent me in his stead."

"Once my brother returns, I will leave."

Though he was desperate to explain, He Yu Shen couldn't understand a word.

"What are you doing?" He Yu Shen paused momentarily, his gaze on Nan Yi filled with even more disdain.

Nan Yi halted his gestures, letting his hands fall in resignation, remaining silent.

After a long moment, realization dawned on He Yu Shen. He studied Nan Yi intently. The young man's face still retained some baby fat, yet his expression seemed perpetually forlorn.

Even knowing that Nan Yi couldn't speak, He Yu Shen refrained from commenting.

As the CEO of the He Group, there were always people attempting to curry favor or even control him.

To deter such advances, he chose an omega with a high pheromonal match to his own as his mate.

While he harbored no affection for this premium omega, their compatibility was undeniable.

But now, someone dared to replace the partner he personally selected.

"You desire wealth and status that much?" He Yu Shen asked, frowning.

Upon hearing the question, Nan Yi was momentarily stunned, somewhat baffled by its implication.

Instinctively, he shook his head.

With a scoff, He Yu Shen remarked, "Such hypocrisy."

Nan Yi couldn't comprehend why He Yu Shen would say that about him. All he hoped for was that Nan Zhi Min, once he arrived, would take him back home.

What he didn't anticipate, however,

Was that instead of waiting for Nan Zhi Min, he'd enter his heat phase.

As a low-ranking omega, Nan Yi seldom experienced heats, but today...

Gradually, his head felt heavy and foggy, as he was enveloped by an overwhelming desire.

It was agonizing.

The glands on the nape of his neck started to itch slightly, a burning sensation slowly spreading throughout his body.

His body grew increasingly hot.

"Control your pheromones!"

With a faint hint of a caramel-scented pheromone in the air, He Yu Shen frowned and snapped.