chapter 2

arera pov

my advisor had told me that Thineria came back with a small amount of soldiers. to go check out the outside world aka the human world. I felt my heart racing as I waited for Thineria to return inside the throne room, it was in the heart of an expansive cavern bathed in the soft glow of the crystals embedded in the walls. there was my throne, made from the gnarled roots of ancient redwoods.

there were carvings on the throne depicting the rich history of our tribe, the battles won and our bond with the apes. there were vines of ivy as well growing around the throne chair. I heard the royal doors being opened there was Thineria, the 5 guards she took. along there were 5 apes, as Thineria knelt in front of me and my throne. I was sitting on, "Queen Arera," Thineria began, her voice steady, "the human world has changed. The apes I found were on the brink of peril, attacked by humans who seemed to have lost all sense of reason."

as she spoke I stood up walked down to them, and stood in front of them. I saw the hazel-green and brown eyes. the rise I thought to myself, as I heard Thineria speak "These apes faced danger, and their lives were at stake. I couldn't stand idly by," she explained. "We will provide them sanctuary," I said, " your safe here," I said to them "Take them to healers, make sure they get fed and somewhere to rest" I ordered as thineria nodded as she took them, " thineria meeting at midnight," I told her as I watched them leave. afterward, my advisor spoke."

"The signs foretold in the prophecy have come to pass," he said at the time as I walked up the stone stairs, "The time has come for us to stand united with the apes, to face the challenges that lie ahead," I said at the time as I heard my words echoing in the cavernous chamber. then my advisor nodded in agreement, "I will have a meeting with Thineria, jaoscyra at midnight tonight in the throne room" I told my advisor he nodded before leaving. thineria and Jaoscryra are my close friends, we are more sisters than friends I thought in the moment. " the rise is here" I whisper to myself out loud, as I went to pray for our Amazon clans