Throughout the cleaning, Ruhaan's face remained a mix of emotions. Every object, every picture seemed to open a floodgate of memories, each more painful than the last.

As he carefully wiped the dust off the trophy in the photograph, his hands trembled slightly. It wasn't just a piece of metal, it was a symbol of achievements, of moments frozen in time.

We worked tirelessly until evening, and as we finished, a sense of accomplishment washed over me. I felt proud of what we had achieved.

The atmosphere had shifted- the once heavy room now radiated brightness and happiness. Now clean and airy, bathed in the soft glow of the lights from the entire Wing D that illuminated the palace. The windows were wide open, allowing a gentle breeze to dance through.

"Ruhaan," I called out.

"Boliye, humari jaan," he replied, turning to face me with a small smile, his eyes meeting mine.

"One more thing left," I reminded him, and he nodded in agreement.

Walking toward the now-fresh bed, he picked up the photo frame and strolled back to the blank wall. Slowly and with gentle precision, he placed it on the wall.

Moving backward, his arms slid down my waist as I nestled my head on his chest. We stood there in a quiet moment, both of us gazing at the framed photograph now adorning the wall.

The framed photo showcased all the Rajvansh siblings, capturing a moment from their childhood.

Rajveer bhaiya, just thirteen, stood tall among them. The others, in descending order, included Ruhaan at nine, Saana and Rudra at six or seven, Vaahi at four, and the newest addition, little Kushal, a newborn.

Feeling a sense of completion, I suggested, "Let's go back?" Ruhaan agreed, hugging me tightly.

Exiting the room, Vaidehi maa was there with a teary smile. She gave a small thumbs up, and I returned the gesture. She went into bhaiya's room, perhaps to live the memories we uncovered.

Ruhaan and I made our way back to our room, the weight of emotions still lingering in the air as we closed the door behind us.

"Thank you," Ruhaan said, his gaze fixed on a distant point, lost in his own thoughts.

"Not so fast. I need you to do something for me in return," I said, crossing my arms as he looked at me with confusion.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"One minute, mendak!" I exclaimed, dashing to my closet to retrieve the little box I had prepared.

Skincare time! I'm about to unleash these fantastic masks on him!

I exclaimed, hunting for the large yellow box in the closet. With the treasure in hand, I hurried back to the bedroom where Ruhaan patiently waited, gazing out from the balcony.

"TA-DA!" I announced, presenting the box to him. His expression shifted from confusion to sheer horror as he opened it.

"Yeh sab kya hai?" he asked, eyes wide with disbelief.

"Milkshake hai," I deadpanned, reveling in the confusion that crossed his face, complete with a frown.

"Kya matlab kya hai hai? Skin care ke products hai!" I clarified, accompanied by an eye roll, but he still stared at me in utter disbelief.

In an attempt to lighten the mood, I sprinted to the TV, turned on YouTube for some lively background music, and then dashed back. "Okay, so which mask do you want? Strawberry or chocolate?" I asked, holding up two vibrant face masks with a mischievous grin.