31.

क्यों तूने मेरी फुर्सत की
क्यों दिल में इतनी हरक़त की
इश्क़ में इतनी बरकत की
ये तूने क्या किया

फिरू अब मारा मारा मैं
चाँद से बिछड़ा तारा मैं
दिल से इतना क्यों हारा मैं
ये तूने क्या किया

क्यों तूने मेरी फुर्सत कीक्यों दिल में इतनी हरक़त कीइश्क़ में इतनी बरकत कीये तूने क्या कियाफिरू अब मारा मारा मैंचाँद से बिछड़ा तारा मैंदिल से इतना क्यों हारा मैंये तूने क्या किया

We found ourselves back at home. A heavy silence engulfed the room, and I sank into my thoughts. My mind was a tangled mess, and I couldn't help but wonder how my life had become so hopelessly complicated.

In that moment, I longed to return to simpler times, to my school days, back when I was just a sixth-grader. I wished for my father to tie my ponytail and my mother to prepare my smiley-faced sandwich. Those were the days when life felt innocent and carefree.

I couldn't stand the person I had become. The harsh words he had thrown at me echoed in my mind. Maybe he was right. Maybe I was just a worthless girl, burdening everyone with my presence. A few tears managed to escape, and I wiped them away quickly, hoping to conceal my vulnerability.

"Why?" His voice was soft, a gentle whisper filled with concern as he turned his gaze towards me. I met his eyes, resenting how they seemed so open and vulnerable. He looked at me with hope, longing to understand what was troubling me. The painful truth was that I didn't even know what was wrong with me.

"Sometimes, that one question can have multiple answers," I replied, my voice equally soft. "But in this moment, I have none."

Ruhaan's eyes held a depth of understanding that left me both uneasy and grateful. He had a way of seeing through my walls, a quality I alternately admired and feared.

"Meera, it's okay not to have all the answers right now," Ruhaan said, his words like a gentle embrace. "Life can be incredibly complex and confusing. Sometimes, it feels like we're drowning in the questions, doesn't it?"

I nodded, my throat tightening with emotion. Ruhaan's presence was a lifeline in these turbulent moments. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I confessed my deepest fears to Ruhaan. My voice quivered, and my walls crumbled completely.

"I feel so worthless," I stammered. "I feel so stupid and needy, and it's tearing me apart, Ruhaan. I can't help but feel suffocated at times when I think about how dependent and helpless I am."

I continued to speak, my voice raw with emotion. My breath came in short, uneven gasps, and the tears and hiccups made it difficult to get the words out. But I needed to share this burden, and I knew Ruhaan was there to listen, to understand.

Ruhaan didn't need any words to respond. He simply reached out and held me, his presence a steady anchor in the storm of my emotions.

"Question me. Ask me," I demanded, my frustration with his silence becoming more apparent.