The night we crashed

The ship's sensors beeped bright and red as the two large males rushed to the controls. John and Will were just about to head back to their home planet known as 'Colossal' after recovering a new substance of energy from Neptune. This was to help with the new power grids being installed for Colossal. Because the journey was so far, they asked the specialized space troopers to retrieve it. Unfortunately, the trip back home will take longer than they thought.

"What's going on?" Will asked as his boyfriend of 2 years John punched in a distress signal for Colossal. "Our ship's low on fuel."

"Can we make it back home?"

"Not likely." John replied just as a call came from the Colossal command center. On screen was an elderly woman, a look of worry filled her face. "Johnathan Dean, what is your status?" The ship rocked a bit before the redhead could answer. "Not good, Prime Minister. We're almost out of fuel. We need to make an emergency landing." The Prime Minister typed on her computer and pulled up a map of the Milky Way galaxy. There was a red blinking ship representing the space troopers and two planets they were in between of. The one behind them was red and the other was blue and green. "Set a course for Earth."

"But the planet's populated." Will chimed when the ship rocked for a third time. "They don't know we're coming. We might hurt someone." The colossalians know about the human race. They have visited the planet before and know their way around. However, that didn't mean that they weren't in hiding. The only reason why they came to Earth was to gather a rare specimen of diamonds. The diamonds radiation will power the ship and will help the troops get back home.

The Prime Minister punched in a few codes before pulling up a section of land from Earth. "I've sent coordinates for your ship to land. There should be no humans at this time." John and Will received the information, diverting their ship's course. "Be careful." The Prime Minister said before she hung up.

The boys gulped and took the ship off of autopilot, getting ready to make a bumpy landing on Earth.

-----------------------------

Mindy drove in the dead of night listening to Taylor Swift's album 1989. She was a small town girl in an arranged marriage formed by her cruel father. Her husband was a man named George, the town's playboy. She knew from the start that he was an unfaithful man, but poor Mindy didn't have the heart to stand up to him. Or to her father.

Normally drinking was a way to get rid of her problems, but she was a recovering alcoholic and needed to stay as far away from the bar as possible. Now, she listens to 80s music in her car while driving a little over the speed limit. But she didn't care. No cop was gonna stop her.

Mindy was banging her head to the beat of the music as she sung badly. "BABY NOW WE GOT BAD BLOOD! YOU KNOW WE USE TO BE MAD LOVE!" As the young teen sung in the car, a small glowing light caught her eye, causing her to pause her music and pull over. Once the car stopped, she saw the light fly across the sky, staring in awe of its wonderful beauty. "Woah." she spoke softly, just as the light grew brighter.

Mindy shielded her eyes from its radiation, giving herself just enough of a view to watch it crash. With her mouth hanging open, Mindy raced back into her car and drove at the crash sight to get a better look.

Okay, I know it's a bit short, but more's to come, I promise.