☆ Season One || Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

"Oh...." Liz mumbled, unable to say anything to that. "Klaus," Headmaster Randolph took a brief glance at the blond Prefect, focusing his attention on him.

"Yes?" Klaus turned his head to face the headmaster, meeting his gaze straight on without faltering for even a second. "I would like you to continue supporting the sisters," Randolph crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair as he stared down at Klaus.

"W-what?!" Liz gasped, absolutely dreading the idea. No, she couldn't possibly handle it! She wanted to stay away from Klaus as much as possible. She didn't want to be taught by him, that would be a disaster! She couldn't let her rosy hopes of academy life shatter to pieces.

"Me sir?" Klaus Inquired.

"Yes, your assistance will prove valuable to them now and in the future, plus..." The headmaster's lips curved into a smirk, "You and Liz seem to have good synergy together."

"I don't know about that..."Liz mumbled as she fiddled with her skirt, her gaze focused on the floor beneath her feet. She couldn't comprehend how the headmaster came to that conclusion, it made no sense to her. Ever since she met the blond prefect he had only made fun of her or belittled her. Her time with the emperor Klaus had been nothing but a nightmare. She didn't want to endure being with him longer than necessary.

But surely... She wasn't the only one who thought so, right? Surely Klaus felt the same. Liz glanced over at the blond prefect, hoping to see a hint of dissatisfaction or disapproval in his face but instead, all she saw was a blank expression devoid of any hint of emotion.

"Liz, you practice Veterinary medicine, yes?" Randolph asked, looking at the brunette for confirmation. "Well um.... More or less," She responded hesitantly. "If you are able to join us as an official student I would like to guide you towards becoming a tamer of magical creatures," the headmaster offered, smiling kindly at his new student. "Really?! A tamer?!" The girl exclaimed, eyes glowing with enthusiasm, "I would love that!"

"Then study hard and that path could be yours." Randolph chuckled in amusement.

"I will!"

Randolph then turned his attention to Lillias for the briefest of moments, "As for Lillias, I believe you specialize in herbs and medicine, correct?"

The girl replied with a nod, "That's right, I find it to be an interesting and useful subject, I am also quite fond of nature in general not just medicinal plants, the differences of each species can be quite fascinating and-" She trailed off but abruptly stopped herself when she saw Schuyler clear his throat and glare her way. "My Apologies," she covered her mouth and composed herself, turning her gaze towards the ground.

"I can tell you're really passionate about nature," Randolph laughed, "In the past, there was a student who shared your enthusiasm for plants and medicine, it's quite a shame he's no longer in the Academy." He smiled wistfully as he recalled one of his old students, "The two of you would've definitely gotten along."

Lillias inquisitively glanced up at him, curious as to who this former student was, she wondered what kind of person he was. Soon, the young teenager shook those thoughts aside. At the moment, it didn't matter. Her main priority was getting officially accepted into the academy, those questions of hers would come later.

"Klaus... I know you are promised a position with the Ministry of Magical Justice, however..." Randolph paused for a second to collect his thoughts, "If you see to it that Liz is accepted, what would you say about becoming a professor in the academy?"

".... seriously?" Klaus stared at the headmaster, stunned by the unexpected suggestion. "I am completely serious," Randolph reassured him with a big smile, observing the honor student with great attentiveness.