Argument Distraction And Injury

Requested by sakshidessai6

After fighting bravely through the IPL GT was finally in the qualifiers. Two more matches and they could hold the cup in their hands again. The qualifier against MI the team with most ipl wins was going to be a tough one everyone knew that but the excitement far outweighed the fear.

GT last year ipl winners which also happened to be there debut year were ready to win their second year as well. And MI was hungry to hold the IPL winners title for the sixth time after 2020.

Shubman to be honest was least bothered about all that he was just excited to reunite with Ishan after forever. Hardik and Shubman were waiting together in the lobby for the MI team to arrive at their shared hotel. Shubman had been allowed to room with Ishan for the night despite being in different teams and he couldn't be more happy.

When the MI bus arrived Hardik and Shubman got up quickly to greet the players. After a while everyone but Rohit went away to settle themselves in their respective rooms.

Shubman was confused to say the least..

Where is Ishan..??

He voiced his question to Rohit. Rohit looked up from his conversation with Hardik and replied, "his brother came to surprise him at the Chennai airport so he decided to stay back there for the day. He will be here next morning.."

"But the match is tomorrow in the afternoon.." Shubman's voice trailed off as he realized that he wouldn't be able to spend the night with Ishan.

Disappointment hit Shubman hard but he couldn't blame anyone. He could just sulk alone in his room.

The importance of the match hit Shubman the next morning during net practice. If they didn't win this match all the hardwork done throughout the whole season would go to waste as they would not qualify for the finals. They have to win there was no other choice. The stress and tension of the match made him forget about how much he missed Ishan.

The first thing Ishan did as soon as he arrived at Ahmedabad was get to the practice ground, not the one MI were practicing at but the one where GT were practicing.

When Ishan noticed Shubman batting in the nets he loudly called out to him and waved excitedly when he looked towards him. The voice distracted Shubman which resulted in him being cleaned bowled. He huffed annoyed as he walked out the nets towards Ishan.

Ishan smiled brightly when he saw Shubman walking towards him failing to notice the irritated expression in his excitement

"What !?"

"Uhh..Hello.."

"What are you doing here ? Don't you have to practice?"

"Wait are you mad at me for not coming yesterday ?" Ishan asked now a little worried.

I should have expected this would happen but it's alright Shubman will understand he can't be too mad..

"No of course not..why would I be mad..it's not like we were meeting after weeks or that I had to beg Hardik bhaiya and the management to let us room together for hours.." Shubman said sarcastically, anger quite evident in his voice

"I am sorry it's just my brother surprised me at the airport and I hadn't met him for over two months..and I thought I should spend a day with him..." Ishan said desperately trying to explain himself

"And you couldn't give me a call before deciding that ?... And now you think it's funny coming here and distracting me during practice ?.."

"I..-"