ᴍᴇᴛᴀᴍᴏʀᴘʜᴏꜱɪꜱ

1x02| bug boy |

1x02
| bug boy |

SMALLVILLE, KANSAS
THE LANG HOUSEHOLD
SOMETIME IN OCTOBER, 2001

CONFUSION.

Thats what Lucy felt as she stared at the golden box on her bed with a purple ribbon wrapped around it. She just got back from Clark's barn to find the tiny box sitting on her bed. As she reaches the box, she sees a letter attached to it. Grabbing the letter, she opens it and reads what it says:

Beautiful as a lotus flower.

Delicate as a butterfly.

Lucy put the note down as an icy shiver went down her spine. "Next level creepy." she muttered out. She sits down on the bed and puts the box on her lap. She pulls on the purple ribbon that's wrapped around the box and opens it. Flying out of the box, butterflies escape into her room. Lucy looks around in awe from the different shades the butterflies are, although she thought it was weird to receive this, she still thought the butterflies were beautiful.

When looking back down at the box, she notices there is a white lotus flower at the bottom of the box. Lucy was beyond confused, who could this possibly be from and how did they know that lotuses are one of her favorites? The girl gets up and puts the flower on her dresser and then goes to open her window. Once the window is open with a soft click, she watches as the butterflies leave her room. Lucy felt the feeling of someone watching her, but as she looks further out the window, no one was there. She decides to shake off the feeling and goes to her bathroom to get ready for bed.

With the same pit in her stomach.

...

"GET UP."

Lucy groans at the sound of her sister's voice and digs her head further in the pillow. "no."

The feeling of the blanket being ripped off of her makes her sit up and give her sister a glare. Lana just gives her an amused look and crosses her arms. "Why are you making me get up at 8 in the morning?"

"Cause we promised Nell and the Kent's that we would be at the farmers market. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows, "Um, I recall you promising and me being silent."

Lana rolls her eyes at her little sister's expected answer. "I said yes as the both of us not just me."

Lucy groans once again and lays back on her bed. "Fine. But only for Mr. and Mrs. Kent."

"Whatever gets you out of this bed." Lana shrugs, leaving her sister's room to let her get ready for the day.

Lucy blows out a breath before sitting up once again and picking out her clothes. Her eyes land on her dresser, or more specifically the flower on her dresser. She still didn't know whether or not to be flattered or completely freaked out.