what once was | s.h

- sᴛᴇᴠᴇ ʜᴀʀʀɪɴɢᴛᴏɴ x ғᴇᴍ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ -

✮ Summary - What happens when you run into an old ex-lover? You hadn't seen Steve in a few years, not since you two broke up after graduation

✮ Summary - What happens when you run into an old ex-lover? You hadn't seen Steve in a few years, not since you two broke up after graduation. College and life took their toll, but did the feelings ever really go away?

You're happy to see him until finding out some news that makes your stomach twist in a knot.

• Music Paring • silver springs by fleetwood mac

Don't say that she's pretty
And did you say that she loved you?

| Warnings | angst, past lovers, jealousy, usage of alcohol/drugs, explicit language, talking about sex, and the reader still loves steve.

New York, 1992

"One vodka-redbull," You beamed happily to the bartender.

A night out was something you needed after working all week. Your best friend Robin had dragged you out of the apartment for once. Usually, you refuse with the workload so high.

But you couldn't pass up one night out.

Having a deadline for your article was definitely getting to you, though. All your time was spent on work the last week and a half. You had your phone ringing off the hook with several voicemails left over.

Migraines from staring at the desktop in your apartment and not having your girlfriends around was aggravating.

You guys talked to each other about everything, no matter what it was. There was no judgment in anything.

"Do you have to talk about your sexual escapades while I'm eating?" Robin says to your other friend, Selena, sitting across the table.

You knew the strawberry-blonde since high school and never lost touch after college. She worked as an art professor at NYU, which was time-consuming. But Robin made time to see you guys as much as she was able to.