You grit your teeth, trying to push back at the force.

Suddenly, something grabbed your shoulder.

You swung around and prepared to fight, only to find Diluc looking down at you.

"Damnit, you scared me..." You released the grip on your weapon and looked at his exposed face. "...What happened to you?"

"I burned my mask." He huffed. "It's not a problem. But this side was full of agitated monsters."

You sighed. "So was mine."

"...You didn't leave them there, right?" He asked.

You scoffed. "Of course not!"

He chuckled. "The shard isn't here. I'm sure you noticed the ruins up top, right?"

You nodded. "But the wind up there makes it look impossible to even approach..."

"...Do you have your wind glider?"

"Yeah." You replied.

"Then we're going to ride these currents up to the top."

You sighed. "This just reminds me of my gliding exam all over again..."

"It's not that bad." He retorted.

"For you, maybe. I failed it 13 times before I got my license. Hence why I don't glide." You said, crossing your arms.

"Well, get ready." He pulled his cloak over his head. "We're in for a long night."

— Later —

"Finally! My legs hurt so bad..."

After retrieving the final shard, you and Diluc sat together on a hill by the Anemo Hypostase's domain. The both of you were tired as the sun slowly began to rise from the horizon.

"This means the Fatui managed to get to Dragonspine before us." Diluc shoved the three shards into his pocket.

"I thought you said your 'contact' went there?" You asked, removing your mask and hood.

"They did. But the Fatui have camps established all over Dragonspine. It was only a matter of time before they recovered that shard." Diluc took a deep breath, hoisting one leg up while resting his arm on it.

"Six out of the seven shards... meaning we're going to have to steal the last one from the Fatui." You spat, the name just irking your soul.

Diluc nodded, staring at the edge of the sun. "We can wait for that moment, though. If we act now after recovering these shards, hell will break loose."

You sighed, gripping onto your stomach. "Ah..."

Diluc looked back at you. "Are you hurt?"

"It's just a gash..." You covered your hand over your wound.

"Let me see." He took your hand off your wound, widening his eyes. "You still fought despite an injury like this?"

You laughed, seething into the pain. "I'm not a baby. I'll still fight if my two hands were cut off."

"Lay down." He ordered, pushing your body down onto the soft grass.

You inhaled sharply as he removed your cloak, examining the wound. "...You're going to need stitches."

You laughed again. "That sentence sounds familiar."

Diluc remembered what you had did to him when you fixed up his own wound. He channeled his energy, burning the exposed gash to stop the bleeding.

You closed your eyes, biting your tongue. "Damnit..."

After he was finished, he supported you back up, while leaving his hand on your back. "Can you walk?"

"Yeah..." You said, pulling your cloak back onto your shoulders. "It's not too bad..."

"...Adelinde can patch you up." He stated.

You shook your head. "The city is closer."

Diluc knew that, but he didn't want to part from you. If anything, he had only said that just so you could be around him a bit longer.

He thought of a quick explanation. "...If you go back to the city like this, you'll only rouse suspicions."

You sighed. "Guess you're right..."

Diluc helped you up, his hand traveling to the lower part of your waist.

"Then let's go before we're caught in plain sight."