Chapter 3

🍷

"This looks... fine."

You stood before your mirror, turning around to view different angles of yourself dressed in all black. You had hunted down a Fatui member amongst your surveying around Mondstadt earlier, and managed to steal her clothes after defeating her.

You hated how you looked like a Fatui member, and it boiled your blood to even think about them. Sighing, you grabbed the mask from your desk and put it on.

"...Jean better pay me double for this." You mumbled as you opened your window.

Mondstadt had quieted down as midnight approached. Thankfully, you had gotten ready at the right time to sneak out of your room.

Closing the window behind you, you tucked your claymore onto your back and jumped down, rolling until you landed on your feet.

You peeked around one corner, waiting for a couple to pass by. Sneaking past them, you ran towards the city's walls.

Just as you figured, the guards were taking their short break. You ducked behind a bunch of boxes as they walked by, and when the coast was clear, you sprinted out of the city.

You knew Mondstadt like the back of your hand. You were an adventurous child, and would also get scolded when you snuck back home after being out. However, your parents knew that they couldn't keep your curiosity of the world from growing.

As you continued to run towards the cryo Regisvine's domain, you could sense exactly what the adventurer was talking about: an overwhelming feeling of energy.

The atmosphere grew cold as you approached the domain. You swore you could see your breath as you ran, your hands going numb.

You slowed your pace, standing behind a tree. Whopperflowers were indeed coveting the area where the Regisvine stayed, and you brought out your claymore to deal with them.

You jumped out, startling the little flowers. They immediately charged at you, channeling their energy.

You harnessed your pyro vision's abilities, lighting your sword on fire as you fought back at them. You didn't necessarily care for killing off all them— you just had to get to the Regisvine.

Pushing one back with great force, you leaped into the hole and fell down into the area. You quickly spun around and grabbed hold of a vine, your claymore weighing you down.

Panting, you looked at the resting Regisvine.

An omninous sound came from it, as if it was growling. You looked at its core— it was strangely glowing red.

Releasing your grip of the vine, you plunged attacked directly on top of its core. It shot up in response, but you refused to give it any time to process what was happening.

Using your vision, you stabbed the core with all your might. The Regisvine writhed in pain, feeling you carve the core out of its roots.

It slammed its face down, making you jump back. You grit your teeth, realizing you would have to defeat it first to even get to its core.

It charged multiple attacks at you, which were more vigirous than you had remembered. You broke through countless summoned icicles and kept attacking its core, until finally, it gave out.

It fell limp to the ground, and you let a deep exhale come from your mouth. Now that you weren't moving, you could feel the frigid temperatures hugging your skin.

You approached its core once more, looking at the wound you had left upon it. You brought up your weapon, preparing to carve it out.

But you just then, you noticed a flame charging towards you.