1.2 It Comes and Goes

Start from the beginning

Rick sighed and turned to check on the car when Glenn walked over to him, "I've never seen him this mad. Even with Lori. He just shut down" Glenn said as he watched Carl.

Rick looked back to his son, "He's still a kid, It's easy to forget" he said lightly as he closed the hood of the car and walked over to another car, he opened the door and looked up at the cat walk. He saw Lori with her hand on her pregnant belly as she watched him, he shook his head slightly before climbing into the car.

Daryl was sat on the ground near his motorcycle with all of his things beside him as Carol walked over to him, "You know, Merle never did nothing like that his whole life" he muttered as he fiddled with a poncho.

"He gave us a chance" Carol said softly before she stuck out her hand to the man, he looked at her for a moment before taking her hand and standing up. She gave him a small smile as she turned to walk away from him, he watched her walk away as he pulled his bag and arrows up and over his shoulder.

Rick was doing a final sweep of the prison when Michonne walked over to the bottom of the stairs, "We're ready" she said as she looked up at Rick. Rick walked down the stairs before coming to a stop beside her when she started talking,
"The deal the Governor offered about me ... you had to think about it. You had to. I get it" she said as they walked slowly beside each other.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I came real close" he whispered to her.

"But you didn't. She remarked, they walked in silence for a few steps, "I never thanked you" she said softly as they walked side by side.

"For what?" He asked as he closed the gate behind them.

"For getting me out there that day, taking me in" Michonne recounted with a small smile.

Rick looked back to her, "Well, if you didn't have that baby formula, I wouldn't have" he explained looking away from her.

"You could have just taken the formula" Michonne quipped.

Well...must have been something else, then" Rick said as he looked her over, "You know, it was Carl who made the call. He said you belonged here. You're one of us"he said to her with a stern look, "just like the twins- we need you" he whispered making Michonne give a small smile before she walked away from him.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Jackson stoped the car once they were far enough from the prison but not too far that they couldn't help if need be, him and Carl got out of the car to pull the camouflaged tarp over the car as everyone got out. Beth held onto Judith as the sound of cars nearing sounded by them, Kassiopeia's breath caught in her throat as she ducked down with the others. Kassie stared to shake slightly as the cars passed Jackson pulled her next to him "it's okay, they won't get you again" she nodded at his attempt to comfort her but felt her body freeze when she caught a glimpse of Martinez over looking the woods. Kassie watched as he looked around with the others from a military truck,  her heart sunk even deeper when she saw all the familiar faces of people she had been protecting for the last few months. She felt betrayed when she saw everyone coming to destroy her home, the place she was finally safe at where no one would lay their hands on her again- and yet here they were coming to rob her of her happiness once again.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Mason was stood with Glenn and Maggie in riot gear as they waited for everyone to come running out after the firecrackers were set off. They waited for a few more minutes before the "soldiers" came running out, that was when they started shooting at the people below them. People started screaming as they ran, bullets were raining down on the pavement as they shot at people's feet to scare them. One man posted up behind a cabinet as he laid down fire on Glenn, Maggie and Mason as people took the distraction to make a run for the cars.