0.1 Day Three Hundred Four

Kassiopeia walked slowly out around the people of Woodsbury giving occasional smiles and waved to the people who passed by her, she was by no means a people person anymore but that didn't mean she didn't know how to fake it

Kassiopeia walked slowly out around the people of Woodsbury giving occasional smiles and waved to the people who passed by her, she was by no means a people person anymore but that didn't mean she didn't know how to fake it. "Kassie come over here please" Mrs Barns called as they stood talking to some of their neighbours. "See what did we tell you, our girl is perfectly fine and her brother is out with the Governor himself" Mrs Barns chirped with an obnoxious grin.

"Right we just wanted to make sure she was okay after what we heard last night" the woman responded with a nervous laugh as she scratched the back of her head.

"Right well we'll keep it down next time" Mr Barns said with a smile, no one really accepted what happened behind closed doors because that would mean their safe haven was just for show. And Kassiopeia was far from good but what they didn't know wouldn't kill them.

"If you don't mind me I have to go-" Mrs Barns gave a harsh squeeze on Kassie's shoulder but her smile never faltered, "and check on when my brother will be back" Kassie said with a tight lipped smile as Mrs Barns released her hold on the girl as she moved past them.

"Don't be out too late, dinners a 7 love" Mrs Barns said with the same fake smile.

Kassiopeia gave a smile and nodded before she walked over to the alleyway where she kept her bow and machete, she quickly peered back out over the alley before slipping the weapons onto her and pulling on the wall that easily peeled back. She smiled to herself as she slipped out, she looked back to see if anyone had seen her leave. She smiled once more when she saw no one.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Kassiopeia walked with a smile as she took in the woods around her as she had just made her escape from her community as she needed to clear her head. The leader of her new group had  promoted her and her brother into guards of the community. They had only been in the community for three months so far, yet they trusted the twins enough to be protectors of their people. The only reason their leader of seventy five people wanted them as guards was to keep a closer eye on the twins as they had proven themselves valuable. But this didn't stop the anger that burned inside of her every time they took her brother on a 'special mission' without telling her. Kassiopeia stopped in her tracks as she heard footsteps in the distance. She listened for a moment but was quick to start running in the other direction as the footsteps started to near her. She kept with her fast pase but quickened it once she heard the footsteps and the crunching and snapping of leafs and twigs that littered the ground floor. Kassie had no idea where she was going as she was way off track from the path she knew to get back to the community.
She let out a loud grunt as the person had finally caught up with her and pushed her to the ground.
The person tackled Kassie to the ground, to where she was facing the ground with the person on top of her on her back. Kassie started to squirm around in the other person's hold until they flipped her around with her arms pinned out to the sides of her head. She didn't look at the person above her as she continued to struggle against their grip in hopes of finding a weak point.

"Stop! I ain't gonna hurt you" a southernly gruff voice told Kassie in hopes of calming her down some. Kassie finally pealed opened her eyes to see who was above her, only to see a boy that looked around her age.

Her eyes widened in fear as her chest heaved up and down, "what do you want" she asked calmly as she tried to sound like she wasn't scared.

"Oh so you can talk" the boy continued with his gruff tone as he looked to the girl below him, he couldn't help but take in her feathers while he looked over her, she has a few cuts that were scattered around her face as she was wearing a black fitted top with a camo jacket with a pare of grey denim pants with patches over the knees with a pare of sneakers.

She looked like a dear caught in headlights with her big brown doe eyes that bore into his grayish green eyes. She looked too innocent to be in this new fucked up world. "What?" Kassie question as she continued to stare at the boy before her, he was good looking as he had his brown hair that hung in his face as he hovered over her.

He had light freckles that were scattered around the bottom half of his face, his skin was lightly tanned as he wore a black and gray flannel with cut off sleeves matched with a pair of black loose fitting pants and combat boots."I called out to you but you ran away" the boy said as he continued to look over the girl blow himself.

"Well I'm sorry but I thought you were a dead one" she said shortly as she narrowed her eyes on the boy.

"Dead one?" The boy asked back confused as he hadn't heard that term before, she rolled her eyes slightly before she tried to adjust her position only for him to tighten his grip on her wrists.

"The people, that came back after death" she said as she tried to move again only to have the same results as last time.

The boy smiled lightly down at the girl before he got up from his position and stuck his hand out to her, "my people call them Walkers, I'm Jackson" the boy said as she continued to hold out his hand to her.

She looked at him questionably before taking his hand, only to switch their roles this time with herself now on top of him. She smirked down at him in victory, "my names Kassiopia but everyone just calls me Kassie" she said as she placed her hands on either sides of his head as she now hovered over him.

Jax smirked before he he trapped one of her legs and flipped them over on the ground and pinned her down again. "I don't think so little doe" he said with a light chuckle as he looked over her again, she was pale with long black hair that was pulled into a ponytail. "Let's try this again" Jax said as he stood up and helped her up from the ground, not giving her the choice of offering his help once more. They both stood and looked to each other for a moment as they looked over one another. "So Kass, what's someone like you doing out here all alone? Do you hold up a residents near by?" Jax asked as his curiosity got the better of him, asking himself if she was truly alone out here.

"I'm not alone, I'm standing here with you aren't I?" She replied as she held a smirk on her face while he playfully glared at the girls attitude towards him, no girl had been this way with him, not even Beth.

As he looked over the girl in front of him again he realized that she was walking away from him,
"Hey wait! How will I see you again?" He yelled softly as he didn't want to be too loud to attract walkers to the poor girl.

"We'll just have to wait and see won't we" she held a genuine smile, she gave him a mocking salute before turning around to start back to her community.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

As Kassie snuck back into the town of Woodbury she was met with the face of her brother whom did not look to happy that she had snuck out without him again. His frown softened as he noticed his sister holding a goofy but genuine smile on her face for the first time since their parents died. "Kassie what have I told you about leaving without someone with you?" He asked lightly in hopes of not ruining his twins happy mood. Kassie rolled her eyes slightly before she headed back towards the main street of Woodbury as she thought about the boy in the woods and how she couldn't wait to see him again.