0.7 New Problems

Everyone was out in the courtyard relaxing as it was a beautiful day, Rick is over on the bridge outside of the prison walls talking to the air

Everyone was out in the courtyard relaxing as it was a beautiful day, Rick is over on the bridge outside of the prison walls talking to the air. The twins were told this morning not to question Rick and he was only like his because he lost his wife a week ago, so the wound of the loss was still heavily looming in the air. Kassiopeia and Mason were sat at a picnic table that was in the yard, Mason was cleaning his gun while Kass was sharpening her arrows that Mason had gotten for her after they started on the road without their parents. She was already handy with a bow before the world had the dead walking amongst the living, she had been on her schools archery team. She was the best in her school and nobody dared to question it, she had a archery scholarship waiting for her when she graduated. Too bad she was never going to experience that now, she already missed out on so many things a high schooler should do in their last years, she'd never been on a date or had her first kiss- let's just say she hasn't done anything other than practice her skills in archery and try to keep good grades so she could stay on the team and keep her scholarship.

But Mason on the other hand had done everything a teenager should do while keeping good grades, he had a scholarship to Texas A&M University with Kassiopeia. His scholarship was for ice hockey, he and kassie had planned on getting an apartment together, they would be fourteen hours and forty eight minutes away from Atlanta, Georgia. They had their futures all planned out, Kassiopeia was going to join the military and become a trauma surgeon while Mason was going to become a firefighter. The Whitlock family had been raised to want to help people, even the ones that have wrong them, their parents had been doctors and their grandparents were a police officer and a caretaker- the list goes on. While Kassiopeia was sharpening her arrows she also had one of the few medical books their parents brought with them displayed before her  with a purple highlighter. Mason got up from the table to go talk to Maggie who was stood beside her younger sister Beth, Kassie put down her last arrow after she finished sharpening it and turned her attention to her medical book. She popped the lid off of her highlighter and started to highlight different procedures on fixing a bone that wasn't healing properly.

Jax walked over to Mason, Maggie and Beth, "how was both of yours first night in the cell block?" Jax asked the seventeen year old as his gaze casted over to Kassie, she had her bottom lip caught between her teeth as she read over the page and highlighting here or there every now an then.

"It was pretty nice, the apartment we had- we had to share with our 'guardians' who wanted nothing to do with us" Mason said with a dry chuckle, "it was nice knowing she was safe in our cell, knowing no one could get in without going through Rick" the boy finished with a small smile that went unnoticed by the two standing beside him.

"By the way how old are you?" Jax asked with a small smile as he made a mental note to ask more about their time at Woodbury to get to know the twins better. "Seventeen. What about you? Cause my answer is for both Kas and I" Jax laughed lightly before looking over to Kassiopeia then out to the field, "I'm nineteen- just turned it a month ago" Jax smiled as he caught a glimpse of Mason's reaction, "not what you were expecting right?"