Chapter 9: Date?

As I mentioned before, Honest and Truth developed a crush on each other, but being 2 stupid teens, didn't really say it or make it obvious. However, Honest was bold, so she took Truth out on a date (however he is an idiot and didn't realise it was a date). They went out to the park to relax and chat and watch the other little kids play without a care in the world.

After eating a lot of ice-cream (Truth doesn't like ice-cream, but ate it anyway because it was free food, Honest was paying), Truth came up with the brilliant idea to copy the kids and play tag. They both ran and ran, playing tag like they were 5 years old again. Pure bliss.

However, I am not the kind of writer that allows her characters to have fun, so naturally, while playing tag Truth accidentally bumps into a 40 something year old woman who was clearly having a very bad day.

"Oh, sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention" Truth explained, on the floor having fallen over.

"Seriously!? Are you blind or something you filthy animal!? Ugh, hybrid teens nowadays are so rude and irresponsible!". Truth was completely taken aback by the overreaction, but Honest just became enraged.

"Did you really need to yell and be so rude? He bumped into you, not pick you up and throw you into the Nile! Calm down crazy lady, most hybrids and teenagers are actually very polite!" Honest snapped back.

"Are you talking back to me young lady!? How dare you! You are proof that what I said is right!". Oh no, Truth was in the middle of two people arguing and couldn't escape. He wanted to up and run, but he was out with Honest, and he didn't want to leave her, especially not with this woman. It brought back flashbacks of his parents arguing, and he started crying. "Why the hell are you crying down there? You want me to give you something to cry about!?" The lady yelled at him, while he was still on the ground in shock.

"You leave him alone! He doesn't like getting caught up in things like this!".

"I'm sure his parents must be disappointed that they raised a weakling! I'm surprised they haven't abandoned him!".

That was it for Honest, seeing Truth helplessly cry because of this random lady's cruel torment, and her mentioning abandonment which would bring back a lot of his trauma made her completely snap on this Karen.

Honest transformed.

I said earlier, that hybrids can transform after they earn the right to. They grow taller, and stronger and... well just picture something similar to a magical girl anime. That means that Honest was clearly more spectacular than Truth had realised.

She transformed, and her hair turned dark red, and her eyes turned completely charcoal black, oozing black liquid, which was not normal at all. Her skin also turned bright red, and her nails turned to claws, her small wings grew bigger, and she almost seemed to be on fire.

Using her new, long claws, she scratched the lady's face, hard enough to bleed. The lady realised that sticking around to complain wasn't a safe option, and she risked another slash, so she ran away.

Honest untransformed proudly, and she looked at Truth to see a confused and terrified face.

"Hahaha! Your face looks very funny right now! Well, I guess that's to be expected, you don't see that every day, and I never told you about it" Honest said.

Truth suddenly stopped crying and his face lit up.

"That was so cool! I can't believe that you've saved someone's life, that's awesome! But how did you do it? And why was that black liquid coming out of your eyes?".

Honest's face dropped. So did Truth's, he realised it probably wasn't a very pretty story.

"Well, you know what? I feel like telling you, and you deserve to know. It's a little sad though..." Honest started. "I'll tell you everything from the beginning. I feel like ranting, so I might talk a lot".

"That's fine, I like hearing about you, so tell me everything!".

"OK".