Chapter 9: Glimmer Of Hope

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, a convoy of wolf-emblazoned vehicles pulled up outside the theatre. Doors swung open, and a swarm of adversaries flooded into the building. Chaos erupted as flames engulfed the structure. I emerged from my hiding spot, swiftly shooting arrows that found their marks, taking down several of the intruders.

Cassandra seized her own moment, unleashing a hail of gunfire, eliminating those attempting to seek refuge or fight back. In the end, not a single enemy remained standing. With the immediate threat neutralized, I approached one of the vehicles, searching for any valuable information or supplies.

As I rummaged through the vehicle, my eyes landed on a map adorned with markings indicating the location of Colonel Mason's base. Excitement and determination surged through me as I quickly retrieved it. I showed the map to Cassandra, and in that instant, a plan began to take shape between us.

We decided to make our way to Colonel Mason's base, using one of the vehicles we had just commandeered. Cassandra would take the wheel, her driving skills unmatched. With the map guiding us, we embarked on our journey, fuelled by a shared desire to confront our adversary and rescue everyone.

The road stretched out before us, each passing mile bringing us closer to our destination. We knew the dangers that awaited us, but our resolve remained unshaken. Together, we would face whatever challenges awaited us at Colonel Mason's base, united in our mission and prepared to do whatever it took to achieve our goal.

Colonel Mason POV:

As I gazed at the photograph of my beloved late wife, my fingertips gently grazing the contours of her beautiful face, a wave of memories washed over me. It was a bittersweet moment, evoking feelings from a simpler time, and a single tear escaped my eye. With a heavy heart, I carefully set the picture down, cherishing the precious memories it held.

Leaving my office behind, I made my way to the laboratory where the monstrous creature was securely strapped down. As I entered, I called out to the scientists, seeking reassurance. "Is everything ready?" I asked, projecting my voice loudly to capture their attention.

Gene, one of the scientists, approached me with confidence. "Yes, the device is set up perfectly. Once activated, it will transform into the most obedient servant you could ever imagine," he said, his voice filled with a mixture of excitement and a hint of amusement.

"Excellent work," I replied, feigning gratitude. My true intentions, however, were far from virtuous. "Let us proceed, then," I urged, eager to set my plan into motion.

I donned a pair of goggles, preparing myself to witness the machine in action. As the switch was flipped, electricity crackled through the air, sending powerful volts surging into the creature's body. It convulsed and roared in agony, a sign that it had been revived. In that moment, I felt a chilling satisfaction, knowing that I now possessed a pet that would serve my every command.

"This will work," I muttered, a sinister smile creeping across my face.

Joel POV:

As I woke up blinking trying to figure out, where I am, I seemed to be in this dark room with Dina and Jesse bound laying against the walls, I tried to get out of my ties to no avail, when suddenly the slow clapping of someone walked out from the shadows.

It was this boy dressed in tactical gear and he would forward "Joel Miler, you I was not expecting to ever see again" he said, rubbing his hands together

I was about to say something, until I noticed this familiar blue metallic baseball bat hanging from his hip belt, then it dawned one me "Y/N?...." I uttered, looking at his cold emotionless eyes that were once filled with joy and happiness "Oh, kid. What have they done to you"