Girl From the Party

Start from the beginning

A smile tugs at my lips as I make my way inside avoiding bumping into as many people as I can.

The smell is the first thing I pick up on. It smells like weed and.. sex?

Looking around I see a man and woman on the couch are they..?

Oh. Yeah. They're having sex. Wow.

I'm guessing they couldn't wait.

Quickly walking away as I try to get the image of his dick out of my head. I look around looking through the crowd of bodies I spot who I was looking for.

I made my way to her, tapping her shoulder as I was behind her when she turned her face broke into a wide smile and she hugged me.

"Whoa!" I exclaim, stumbling slightly as I hug her back.

"I can't believe you are here." She says when she pulls away, "It's been so long where the hell have you been?"

Roxy. This is Roxy. I always came to Malibu with her, when I met Florence I just stopped coming but she texted me yesterday so I decided to come.

"I've been busy," I answer shortly and she rolls her eyes but says nothing.

"We gotta get you a drink!" She says grabbing my hand and pulling me to the table with drinks.

"I don't drink anymore," I tell her, speaking over the music, and she almost drops the cup she just picked up.

"I'm sorry what?" She looks astounded. "You? You quit drinking?" I nod, and she sips her cup slowly. "Wow."

"I've been sober about a month and a half." It would've been longer but that one drink I had.

"Never thought I'd see the day." She mumbles and I chuckle wryly. "So I guess that means no drugs?"

Shaking my head I answer, "Clean."

"Damn. Guess you'll be needing this." She grabs a bottle of water but pours it into a red solo cup. "What about weed?"

"Why? You have some?" I ask as I scan the room the music still blasting through speakers.

She scoffs, reaching into her pocket, muttering, "Of course I have weed. Who do you think I am?"

She pulls out a bag of weed and I grin. She would have some. She then puts it back in her pocket.

and I feel as if I'm being watched so I turn and look around only to see a black-haired woman staring at me with a lustful gaze.

She has a cherry in her hand slowly bringing it to her mouth seductively.

I gulp feeling my throat go dry. Normally I would've loved to hit that. But now.. I have Florence.

I take a deep breath before I pull my eyes away looking back to Roxy. Reminding myself.

You are here to have fun. Not for sex. Not for drinks. Not for drugs.

Then I mentally slap myself. If I wanted to avoid this stuff I shouldn't have come.

But I'm here now. No going back.

With a sigh, I bring my cup to my lips and take a sip. It feels weird as fuck drinking water at a party when I know everyone else is drinking alcohol or mixing it with some sort of drug.

Maybe just one?

Again shaking the thought out of my head I sigh Looking down at my cup.

A new song comes on and I recognize it as S.O.S by ABBA, smiling to myself I start to look for a distraction.

I see a couple of people playing beer pong and my first instinct is to join them but I don't.

I look back to where Roxy was only to see she's gone. I furrow my brows, looking around, only to see her making out with someone on a couch.

Ew. That's where I saw people having sex earlier. I then just decide I'm gonna go down to the beach before it gets too dark.

I make my way to the exit trying to my best to swerve the sweaty bodies on the way. I walk down the stairs hearing a slight crunch as my feet hit the sand.

I walk closer to the ocean and watch as the waves crash on the shore. There are still a lot of people here.

I decide to mingle for a bit while waiting for the night when I know there's a bonfire.

Now I stood alone just watching the waves. I had my cup in my hand. I had my left hand drawn across my chest and my right was flexed holding the cup.

I turned my head when I heard footsteps thinking it was Roxy thought it wasn't.

Instead came the girl from the party, who was staring at me earlier. I tilt my head watching her curiously.

She turns to me her pupils dilated so I'm assuming she was high. "I'm Meg."

Pushing away whatever thoughts I was thinking I responded, "Y/N."

She nodded before turning her body completely to me but mine stayed facing the ocean. She then walked in front of me taking steps closer until she was inches away from me.

I could smell the weed and alcohol on her and it made me wish only for a moment I didn't say I would get sober.

Then I focus again remembering she's right in front of me. Maybe a little too close. Then she whispers.

"Well Y/N do you wanna have fun?"