Doomed To Failure

Start from the beginning

"Victor, you pick that back up right now. If that rolls of that gangway then I was close those blast doors and let you fucking die out there. Trust me, it's painful. Pick it up!" You scream.

"You two are like his parents" Mobius says. "It's weird."

Victor picks the Multiplier back up, standing. It didn't roll of. You smiles.
"Yes! Now put it into the launcher! Go!" You beam.

Victor struggled, but did it. The Multiplier was set in and he pulled the lever down, spinning the Launcher around. "He's done it" you smiles. You hadn't gotten this far before.

"Right, now listen to me carefully" Loki tells him. "Hit the green button."

Victor tries, and fails. He turns around, clearly about to give up.
"Hit the button!" You yell, gesturing to it.
"It can be a little sticky" Loki adds on.

Victor turns around and tries again, hitting the button much harder and sending the Multiplier into the Loom. It had worked. You sighed in relief.

"Now come back, quick!" Loki smiles. "Get back!"

"It's working" you say, turning to Loki. Both of you still holding hands. "It's gonna work this time!"

As Victor made it back, the group of you began cheering. Loki set the speaker down and you both threw your arms around each other in relief.

"It's working!" O.B smiles, him and Casey running back to check the systems.

Loki pulled back from the hug, instead pulling you in for a passionate kiss. The two of you blocked everyone else out, smiling into it. Nothing else mattered. You had won. After Centuries, you finally did it.

"Did it work, Wizard?" You hear Victor, you and Loki pulling away as he walked up the stairs.
"It did" you smile, you and Loki standing either side of him and pointing to the Loom. "Look! It worked!"

"Wait."

You felt your heart sink, turning to O.B with a frown. It worked. It had finally worked. You mentally prayed.

"What?" Loki asks.

"These readings are off" he tells him.
"What do you mean, off?!" Loki asks desperately. You came up behind him.
"I don't know. They're just off!"

"It can't be" you say, running over to him. "How can the readings me off?! How?!"
"The Loom is overloading again" O.B turns to you, your eyes widening.
"What?!"

"How can the Loom be overloading?" Loki asks, going to the computer, shaking his head. "No, it's not possible! We increased the throughput! The Multiplier was perfect!"

"It did increase the throughput, but there are just too many branches" you realise, looking over at the Loom.
"We have to get out of here!" B-15 yells.

"Wait!" Victor yells. "The branches of time are duplicating and expanding at an infinite rate."
"I don't understand" Loki says.

Victor chuckles lightly, turning to Loki and you. "It's a scaling p-problem."
"But thats what we were adjusting for!" You point out.

"The Loom will never be able to accommodate for an infinitely growing multiverse. You can't scale for infinite" Victor talks, Loki sitting on the step in defeat. "It's like trying to divide by zero. It can't be done."

"So, no matter how much we increase the throughput, it will never be enough" Loki frowns.
"Never." Victor tells him.

"The Loom will always fail" you say, walking over to the window to watch the Loom. "And the new timelines will always.."

"It's almost as if as soon as the timelines started branching, this was doomed to happen" Sylvie points out. You turn to Sylvie, having a small thought. You then looked at Victor, who was crying. He watched as the Loom melted down but you had seen it over and over anyway.

"I-I'm sorry" he tells you.

You turn to Loki, who was looking sadly at you. You walk over to him. "We can still save it."
"How?" He asks.
"Weren't you listening?!" You ask. "Sylvie! He Who Remains! We need to win, we need to stop her from killing him!"

Loki looks around for a moment before nodding. "Right.. yes!" He nods. "Lets do that."

"I can't believe we wasted Centuries for nothing, but here we go!"

You opened your eyes, seeing that you were back in He Who Remain's office. Sylvie's sword was pressed against Loki's chest and you stood beside them. Before she betrayed you. Before she pushed you through that time door. Before she killed him.

"You don't want this" Loki says, pushing her arms away and shoving her back. She looked at the two of you, confused.
"What's happening?" She asks.

"You're right. What were you thinking trusting us? We can't be trusted!" Loki speaks. She still seemed beyond confused.
"I have my sword back" you smile for a moment, suddenly remembering what was happening.

"Sylvie, you have to believe us! You cannot kill him! You must not follow through! It all ends if you do. I know this sounds strange, but we've seen it! We know it!"

Sylvie glances between the two of you, rolling her eyes. "Get out of my way" she snaps, but Loki stops her from getting past.
"We won't" he says.

"You've been seduced by a throne!" She tells Loki.
"The last thing I want is a throne! Sylvie, stop!" Loki screams.

"If you want me to stop, you'll have to kill me."

There was a moment of silence, the chills coursing through you. Yet, also anger. She really only had one thing on her mind.

She leaped at Loki, going to slash him which he quickly dodges. She grabs him, pulling him forwards to head-but him and push him to the floor. As she goes to stab him, you use your magic to stop her arm from reaching him.

She turns to you slowly, cocking her head to one side. She drops her arm, instead gripping onto Loki's shoulders as he was standing and driving her blade into his stomach instead. He screamed in pain, your eyes widening in horror.

"I have a mission, Y/N. I'm going to complete it."

She blasts Loki back across the room, grinning at you. You run towards her, your swords colliding instantly. "Would you just listen to us?!" You scream.
"I've heard enough" she yells back.

You fight, swerving out the way whenever she went for you. You used your magic to block her sword, flinging her over onto the floor. You grabbed your sword, your foot on her chest as you raised it and...

You looked up at Loki, who appeared to be nearly passed out. The blood from oozing from him at a fast rate, spilling onto the floor. His breathing was slowing down. He was in agony.

He was dying.

You look back down at Sylvie, who seemed to be awaiting her own death. You killed her now, you've won. But at the expensive of Loki. You dropped your sword, running over to Loki instead.

"Loki?!" You shake him awake, seeing him smile at you.
"Did you kill her? Did you win?" He asks. You look up, seeing her slowly get to her feet and grab her sword.
"No.. I lost. She blasted me. We need to try again."

If you told him you had won, he wouldn't go back. He'd let himself die. You knew that. Maybe not before, but he would now.
"Ok" he nods weakly, taking your hand. "Again."

A/N - so, we know Y/N wouldn't have an issue killing Sylvie at this point if she had to. So I hope you liked the twist..

Im going to write so many chapters right now so I can post them earlier. I'll be starting another as soon as this is posted.

Yay 😀. (Im still grieving.)

Also, we hit 21,000 reads! WHAT!!! TYSM OMG!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for reading.
Bye <3