IX. FIRST YEAR

Harry, Hermione, Nova, and Ron are walking along a path with Hagrid, talking.

Hagrid: Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?

Nova: Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?

Hagrid: [turns to them, suspiciously] Who told you about Fluffy?

Ron: Fluffy?

Hermione: That thing has a name?

Hagrid: Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the...

"Hargrid..." The past adults sigh.

Harry: Yes?

Hagrid: Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is.
Harry: But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it.
Hagrid: Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher.

Hermione: Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking.

Harry: Exactly.

Hagrid: [Sighs] Now, you listen to me, all three of yeh. Yer meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel.

Harry: [Curious and turns to Ron then back to Hagrid] Nicholas Flamel?

Hagrid: [Mumbles to himself] I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that.

He then leaves, mumbling to himself "I should have not said that"

Harry: Nicholas Flamel. [Turns to Hermione and Nova] Who's Nicholas Flamel?

Hermione: I don't know. [Shakes her head]

Nova: No fucking idea.

Lily, Remus, and Mia look at Nova sternly, while Sirius and James burst out laughing.

"I don't get why you even scold her, Moony, you're worse than her." Sirius tells him.

It is now Christmas at Hogwarts, with snow falling. Hagrid is dragging a massive Christmas tree to the castle. Hermione walks to the Great Hall entrance with her luggage and wearing a scarf as the ghosts are singing Christmas songs.

Ghosts: Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Ring the Hogwart bell. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas...

Hermione looks from the massive Christmas tree as Flitwick uses his wand to put another ornament on the tree to Harry and Ron as they play Chess and walks towards them.

Harry: Knight to E5. [The Knight moves to its destination. Hermione walks up behind Harry.]

Ron: [With a smug face] Queen to E5.

Hermione watches as Ron's queen goes over to Harry's knight and whacks the knight with her chair. Ron grins.

Hermione: [With a shocked face] That's totally barbaric!

Lily, Mia, Molly, and Andromeda nod in agreement, while most of the boys shake their heads in disagreement.

Ron: That's wizard's chess. [Looks over to Hermione] I see you've packed.

Hermione: I see you haven't.

Ron: Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there.