Trea

Inspired by a comment in Reacting to Reading chapter Tree Power 2  by cortes_01

Comment by cupidkyan

"in the same arc of cale gossiping with the trees, i present to you: cale comforting trees. ".. why are you crying?" "🌳🍃 leaf shake, leaf shake" "oh. i can assure you will still look pretty when autumn begins, you always do." "🌳🍃 leaf shake, leaf shake." "no problem."

Hello everyone! This has been in my drafts for a long while so I've decided to finally put it out, or else I know I never will. I hope y'all enjoy!

___________________________________________

It was a fine day. The sun shined brightly above the Roan Kingdom's citizens along with a delicate breeze that made the leaves on the trees shake and sway. What better day to go out and relax really?

A pale red-haired man with a half-bun long-sleeved white collared shirt and khaki trousers sat crisscross on the vibrant green grass facing a tree that seemed to hold the skies as if a large study pillar, its deep green leaves cast a large shadow as though to protect those that rested below it with its mere presence.

The man looked down and admired the teacup he held in his hands. The teacup was of a simple design, white base with golden flowers adorning its rim, its handle in the shape of a thick sturdy vine, nevertheless beautiful.

The tea held within was delectable, he was glad of the reprieve it gave him from that vicious old man's tea. 

He shivered. 

'Better not think about him.'

He hurriedly brought the teacup up to his lips and took a sip. He redirected his attention to the matter at hand.

"Hm? Really?"

The tree appeared to sway as if answering him.

His face contorted into a furious expression and his grip on the teacup's handle tightened.

"Hah, what an imbecile! How dare they!"

The tree shook gently as if nodding.

"Mm, are they ok?"

The tree seemed to relax and shook a bit.

A small, imperceptible, gentle smile formed on his lips. 

"Hm, that's good. Where are they?"

The tree shook a bit.

"I see." 

His grip on the teacup loosened. He looked relieved.

Far behind him, Alberu, in all his regal glory, stood there mouth agape absolutely baffled, not befitting of an emperor. 

'What the actual fuck?' 

They were currently in the royal palace garden where Cale seemed to be speaking with a tree.

Yes, a fucking tree.

'Did that bastard hit his head?'

He squinted as if that would allow him to comprehend the human that was Cale Henituse. 

"Is...is he conversing with it?" 

He needed to make sure he wasn't the one who hit his head.

Choi Han, who stood beside him, was stupefied. 

"...it appears so..."

"What's wrong with the Human!?"

"Yeah, why is he talking to a tree nya~?"

Ons head tilted slightly and her face scrunched up as if deep in thought. 

"...Mm maybe he just enjoys talking to trees nya~?"

Alberu looked towards the oblivious redhead as if he were insane...not that he wasn't. 

"Has he finally lost it?"

They all looked towards him in unison a bit concerned but mostly wondering what the hell he was up to this time.

Cale, unbeknownst to this, continued comforting the tree. He gave a firm nod and placed his teacup down on its saucer as if coming to a decision.

"I'll find that bastard and beat the shit out of him for you."

The tree appeared to shake in glee as Cale's words seemed to resonate with it.

Alberu's eyes widened at Cale's sudden shift in demeanor. He already couldn't believe that Cale was talking to a tree, let alone making promises to it.

Choi Han frowned, feeling a bit worried about Cale's mental state. He slowly approached the man.

"Is everything alright, Cale-nim?"

Cale turned towards the group, his expression returning to its usual nonchalant demeanor.

"Everything's fine. Just making sure the tree is alright."

Hong nodded, his face brightening up. 

"That's nice of you, Cale-nya~! The tree seems to like you a lot!"

Alberu shook his head, feeling bewildered as one would with anything involving the Cale Henituse, and shot him an incredulous look. 

"I don't understand how you can talk to a tree like that."

Cale shrugged, not bothering to explain. 

"Just a habit I picked up."

Alberu's eye twitched. 

'Ha, this bastard.'

Choi Han nodded, visibly confused but otherwise unbothered. 

"Alright then, shall we continue our walk Cale-nim?"

Cale nodded. He stood up and dusted off his khaki trousers. He then placed a hand upon the tree's dark brown trunk, its texture rough due to its ever-increasing age, and gave it a comforting pat.

They all once again looked at him strangely.

As they began to walk away, Cale cast a final glance towards the tree, feeling a sense of satisfaction that he had done his part in comforting it, he would keep his promise. Soon, his devious plan would come to fruition. No one hurt his people...er tree.

___________________________________________

Well, thank you for reading! I'm open to constructive criticism so don't shy away if there's something that peeves you or you know I could improve. You're free to imagine who or what exactly the tree was talking about. Have a lovely day y'all!