Chapter 9

3rd Pov:

After the orges confirmed the checking of Shizu's mask and apologised, Rimuru invited them over to the village. Of course, he already had the goblins prepare some foods through [Thought Communication] and informed them of the guests.

.
.
.

Rimuru Pov:

As we walked to the entrance of the village, we were greeted by many people, including Velzard, who just seemed to stare at me, didn't say a word, nor came to me. (What's up with her?) I thought as my eyes followed her as she walked away from the crowd.

...

Did she just... ignore me!? Did I do something!? She never did that to me. After all, she appears rather clingy and fragile when it comes to me... A death flag has been raised.

.
.
.

On the other hand:

.
.
.

Velzard Pov:

(Was that Rimu-kun just now!? He has a human form... he's so cute!!) , I said, pretty much simping and beginning to daydream with my face blushing. Of course, I know that Veldora would tease me, which is why I avoided my dear Rimu. I figured this out when I came to visit Veldora in Rimu's stomach and saw that there was a rectangular thing that was projecting Rimu's life in his very own perspective.

Had I stayed long within Rimu's range of view, I would have gotten my face expression exposed, blushing. Sorry, Rimu-kun, but I wouldn't want my image as the older sister to be ruined... like that.

Now that I checked... he brought two orge women back... (does he just randomly attract and bring back women-?)

...

Ha... well, whatever.

.
. Timeskip
.

Rimuru Pov:

"Hmm, I see now. So that's what happened, huh?" , he said, to which the red-haired orge nodded in response as he clenched his fist and bit his lip.

I put my hand to my chin as if thinking. After a while,

"I've got an offer" , "Are you willing to listen?"

Orge 1: "An offer?" , he asked as he began to ponder. "I'm willing to listen. However, I can't guarantee that I'll agree. It will depend on what it is."

I nodded, "Well, I was thinking, maybe you could become my subordinates ?"

Orge 1: "...Pardon?"

"You heard me." , I said, waving my mug in a circular manner, making the liquor inside it swirl.

Orge 1: "..."

"I won't have you work for me, of course. Shelter, food, and clothes. All these, I can provide." , I enumerated as the orge remained silent.

"I mean, you don't look like you have a plan to kill this hypothetical 'Orc Lord'. You also don't know where they are, do you?"

The orge, seemingly frustrated, simply sighed in the end and said,

Orge 1: "Yes, you're right."

As I heard his answer, I smirked internally. (Heh)

"So? Do you accept?"

Orge 1: "I will consult this with the others first. Please give us time to consider the offer."

"Take all the time you need. In the meantime, you and the others can stay here."

Orge 1: "We're grateful to you." , he said before getting up and walking away.

.
.
.

Orge 1 Pov:

That slime... has a point. We really have no plan on how to advance, nor do we even know their location.

...

Wait a minute, now that I think of it... the goblins there and the direwolves... wait no, hobgoblins and... those rather big, not so direwolves that I don't know what race they've evolved to, they're all named!

They're also calling the slime with '-sama'...

He named them then. A lot of races. Not only that, they were supposed to be easy target. Key word, supposed. It took all of us to even take care of them.

???: "So? What are you going to do, young master?" , they said, leaning their back on the tree with their arms crossed and their hair bangs covering their eyes.

"Like I said, I'll discuss this matter with all of you present."

Orge 4: "Whatever you decide to do, we'll follow."

"Yeah, I know... thank you..."

Orge 4: "Hmm..."

_________________________________________

Grounded, again. I'm at school, though-

:>

https://discord.com/invite/59X2X3hR5Z