001

[ I'll take you as my mate ]

Vera stopped abruptly, her sharp ears twitched and pointed towards the sound. Her instincts were on edge, but what she saw stunned her. In the middle of a clearing, the bodies of countless animals were scattered about, all with massive holes carved into their flesh. Vera's jaw dropped.

As her gaze moved forward, she soon realized that the source of the sound was coming from the fox female, her throat numb from screaming and her face covered in fresh blood. The panther's pupils narrowed, her tail swishing violently as she approached the scene.

Vera didn't want to go there. Her body was rejecting every step she took towards the sound. It reminded her of the time those scropions had brutally ripped her parents in front of her. And, she couldn't even do anything

She was just a cub.

Her brother had being too, he knew he couldn't do anything either and so he had picked her up by the scruff of her neck and ran back to the castle.

But now when she was living a similar scene again, she wasn't going to just hide and do nothing. This was hes chance to take revenge on those scorpions

Vera's eyes blazed with a savage fire, as she approached the scene. Before her, the gore covered the ground, the death and destruction of countless lives left behind as if a storm had ripped through the forest. Her tail whipped violently, an animalistic rage brewing within her heart. She walked through the carnage, her jaw clenched in anger as she surveyed the scene. Her sharp senses were picking up traces of the killers, and as she followed the scent, her eyes narrowed as she spotted a group of scorpions, their venomous tails raised as they backed away from her.

Vera's instincts took over, sending her into a frenzy. With a roar, the panther lunged at the scorpions, her claws tearing through their bodies in a brutal rage. The animalistic violence was a sharp contrast to her usual playful and savy demeanor. The scorpions tried to fight back, but Vera easily overpowered them, slashing the poison from their tails before tearing out their stingers and throwing them aside.

She paused to catch her breath, her chest heaving and nostrils flaring. The forest was silent once more, the only sounds being her heavy breathing and the dripping of the blood from each scorpion.

Vera's sharp eyes spied two creatures nearby, laying close to each other, their bodies drenched with blood and barely conscious. A fox female and a male, their eyes were staring up at her, their body language tense and their faces frozen in terror. The young female, struggled to sit up and speak.

"Wh- what-" the female's voice was hoarse. She glanced at her partner, who was also in the process of sitting up, his blood-stained fur matted with mud. "The sc- scorpions..." she mumbled in a haze.

Vera nuzzled her head on the female's neck, relaying the feelings of everything being fine

Her gentle action had an instant calming effect on the female. She took a deep breath, her body slowly unclenching by the soft touch. Vera's face stayed close to her neck, her tail gently swaying back and forth. The female sighed, letting herself relax and take in the moment, her breathing slowed and she smiled.

It seemed that Vera had a calming effect on those around her, and her nature was far more endearing than the vicious warrior many knew her to be.

"As a gratitude. I am willing to take you as my mate" the fox female stated proudly

That's when Vera looked at the female, actually looked.

The female was dressed in animal hides, her skin dirty and hair matted to her head. She was without a doubt pretty but why was she so dirty? Didn't she shift into her beastform? And what was with those animal hides? She was certain they weren't living in the ice age.

Vera wondered if she had mistakely wandered near the old tribes, that would explain the behaviour. She had heard stories about how these tribes were a disgrace to the beastkind - they only thought about pro creation, they did not respect the males of the tribe neither did they respect their bodies enough to provide themselves with the required excercise and hygiene.

It was said that these tribes were cursed by the beast goddess, she detested female cubs who had no respect for her males and had cursed them to never turn into their beastform. Sadly, the punishment on one female flowed through her bloodline.

Vera stared at the female who was watching her with a look of anticipation. "You are strong and I happen to be in my estrus" the fox female lightly swayed her hips "I'll bear your cubs for you this time" she gave a small purr.

Vera took a step back, watching her male with a apologetic expression. We're these females not even required to discuss it with their males before taking in a new mate? The poor male looked so hurt. While polygamy was common, pairs nowadays prefered to practice monogamy.

Vera swiftly turned on her feet, ready to dash out of the situation when she was suddenly lifted by the scruff of her neck. She tried looking, but could only so far see a white tiger.

Fighting her way out of the tiger's hold. Vera gave one last glance at the tiger who had held her and dashed away.

Although, she couldn't deny the appearance of the fierce tiger with a scar on his right eye. He was undeniable beautiful.

Vera was running through the forest at an unbelievable speed. Her legs were pumping quickly, her senses on edge as her body searched for safety. The forest was silent, the usual animal sounds nowhere to be heard.

Suddenly, her sharp ears picked up the noise of crashing branches and snapping twigs. The sound, was too close for comfort.

Vera picked up her pace, her body ready to react at a moment's notice. Suddenly, the forest erupted with chaos as a huge shadow barreled towards her, its footsteps thunderous as it ran towards the panther.

Vera darted to the side, just as the mass of muscular beast flew past her, his enormous body shaking the air as he moved.

The panther turned back, her eyes watching the tiger as he landed just in front of her. He turned to look at Vera, his feline features taking her by surprise. His eyes were a soft and gentle blue, with flecks of silver and golden sparkles in them.

He sat back on his hind legs, watching Vera. His body was covered in a silver coat, with black stripes running across his fur. He looked towards the panther with curiosity in his eyes.

Shifting the tiger commanded "shift"

Vera stood there dumbfounded. This was the first time she was being commanded, it had always being her commanding the troops and the gaurds.

"Such an arrogant young male, a female proposed to be mates and you had the audacity to run away?" The tiger said sternly

Arrogant young male? Vera felt like laughing. She wasn't young, she was twenty winters old. And she wasn't a male either

The panther shifted without hesitation, her body transforming into that of a young, yet stunning woman.

A small smile played across her lips, as her eyes roamed over the tiger's muscular body. She liked what she saw.

"I am Vera, who are you?" She asked.

The tiger looked at her, before his eyes widened in surprise. "You're not a male?" he asked in a surprised tone.

Vera shook her head, her tail twitching nervously. "And I'm not young either." she grumbled, her ears flattening against her head.