Chapter 21: Leap of fate

Start from the beginning

The spirit was in shock as her eyes witnessed in direct the life force of Dawn decreasing...what was happening wasn't draining Dawn's magicule as he had almost none left from the prior fight.

It wasn't even trying to take source from Snowie's power...no, Dawn himself directed it toward his life force.

Snowie : (What are you doing master?!)

Dawn : There is no way I'm getting out of this alive...Snowie, listen carefully.

The spirit was totally bewildered...it was the first time she felt that kind of emotion as Dawn explained with a tired voice.

Dawn : I'm a lost cause at this point but Luna...and you can achieve so much...I'm tired of living, internally i alway questioned myself about the meaning of living...

His arm glowing, letters started appearing in the thin air...the unique skill : Author had awakened.

Dawn : What is the point of living, what us being given with intelligence was meant to achieve ? All this tormented me and finally when I was given a second chance, I thought I could achieve something.

The letters around started to form a sort of dome around him and Luna...they connected with each other and soon their colors changed from white to gold.

Dawn : But in the end...I failed at everything but I sincerely believe that Luna and Snowie have much more to do.

Snowie : (Y-you...master, you can't do that!)

Smiling, Dawn closed his eyes...at this point Snowie tried her best to force the ongoing off but her attempt in closing it was futile as Snowie suddenly lost her force.

Her mind turned dizzy before totally turning off...the last words muttered inside Dawn's mind were...

Snowie : (M-master...)

Dawn : Thank you, my dear partner, [Achieved rewrite].

At his words, the golden letters turned rainbow before circling around them and finally approached penetrating both the boy and girl bodies.

The cold yet warm feeling Dawn had before inside his soul was gone and transferred toward Luna...the prince of this spell was the full usage of Rewrite from the unique skill : Author.

Dawn achieved and rewrote his own soul...the bond he shared with Snowie was bound through a soul corridor.

A proof of their relation...something that shouldn't be breakable yet Dawn did it...he rewrote something that wasn't physical.

He rewrote this spiritual path that binds two people...Dawn and Snowie became Luna and Snowie.

Smiling at his success, it was almost his end...he could feel himself getting weaker but it didn't matter to him anymore.

Dawn : Beautiful.

In contrast to him, the unconscious Luna changed radically...her power suddenly increased along her silver air...they gained a cold shine.

It truly fitted her...Luna, in French Luna the moon...it fitted well with Snowie who represented Snow and its coldness.

As the moon was filled with the empty space's cold...

Dawn : Thank you, Luna for being my friend...haha I didn't know I could be this emotive.

Getting up, he carefully settled Luna down and turned around...he still had one thing to do or at least he would try.

And this was...

Dawn : To kill the viscount...

Or at least he thought, Mia's attack was charging toward him...well Luna was safe and in a few years she will be the strongest...he can believe that.