Chapter 21: Leap of fate

Start from the beginning

Destroying the floor once again...Luna lost consciousness with that but her heartbeat was still there...she didn't die.

Looking up with rage, Dawn was even more angry...at the end he couldn't believe that all those moments were fake.

Rickard who saw the scene unfold right before his eyes was scared to death...luckily for him Luna stalled enough time for Mia to come.

They were now waiting for the last Arceid to come up from this newly made hole.

Mia : It's the end...

Mia muttered, Dawn's power was decreasing quickly and just now she felt the presence of the last member of the shadow.

It seems this member had succeeded in his task of killing Sola Lavane...

Mia : (Still Raven died ? This is quite shocking, I don't think I would have beaten this boy in a direct confrontation.)

Turning her eyes toward the corpse of her former companion, the face of this shadow was smiling...it was known by Mia that Raven had a deep hatred for the Arceid.

She wasn't told why but Raven was just like that...but it seems in his last moment he managed to collect his thoughts and die in peace.

Mia Pov

Dragging my sword up, I immediately winced when that Arceid boy appeared out of the hole and rushed straight toward me.

Viscount Zickard right behind me was scared for his life...and it was understandable this boy didn't look human anymore.

With...his power...

Mia : What ?

Dawn : Tch, I guess I'll  die here.

What did he do ? It doesn't have this menacing presence anymore...no it is fact his right arm was melting...

What happened in this whole situation with this Luna girl ?

Mia : You...throw your life away for this girl ?

Dawn : I realized that I hated life in itself...Luna deserves to live more than me.

I couldn't understand his logic but right now...he is as weak as an ant...I strengthened my arm as my sword made contact with this boy's ice blade.

And as expected I overpowered him instantly...he is dead now.

Mia : [Silver arrow].

3rd Pov

His offense getting parried, Dawn's ice blade shattered mid air...the impact sending him off as a bright silver light made way toward his exposed abdomen.

He could just close his eyes...

Dawn : (Even after my rebirth...i wasn't able to achieve anything...how pathetic.)

He smiled feeling empty inside...well he was somehow wrong, he did save the life of at least one of those he held dear.

Minutes earlier when Dawn held Luna down on the ground...he tightened his grip on her throat as more tears poured down the girl's eyes.

Dawn : I'm sorry Luna...

Even as the light inside her eyes was slowly vanishing, she smiled...this was like a confirmation for Dawn.

Luna and his relationship was real...they were truly friends...unfortunately those times had to be cut short.

Snowie : (Master?!)

Dawn : Snowie...i'll tell you goodbye too, you were one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Dawn's voice went soft as his eyes glowed...Snowie inside his soul felt a disturbance as something was getting rewritten.