He downed the glass, leaning on the counter as he stared off into space.

A distasteful aftertaste poured onto his tongue, but he felt his body relaxing as he closed his eyes.

— The Next Morning —

You awoke on your bed after a good night's rest. It felt like you hadn't slept in years— especially as of late.

Getting up out of the bed, you stretched and yawned while allowing your vision to adjust to the light.

You stood up and went to your bathroom, washing your face and doing your normal morning routine. You put on your usual outfit, placing your claymore on your back and hooking your visions on your hip.

You opened your door and locked it behind you.

"Good morning, Miss L/N."

You started walking off, not realizing that someone called out to you.

"...Miss L/N?"

You turned around, seeing Mr. Goth looking up at you.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I must have not heard you." You said.

"That is alright." He let out a reassuring laugh. "Mona asked me to extend her thanks to you about covering her rent."

You smiled. "Anytime."

"Have a safe day." He said, waving off to you.

You walked out of the city after saluting to the guards to perform your scouting. Today, you would have to clear hilichurl camps and take up a post to guard the city wall's in the evening.

As you headed out, you made your way towards Windrise. Even though it wasn't your natural first location, you wanted to confirm your suspicions of the ley lines around the area.

"Hm..." You felt the atmosphere grow tense as you approached the tree. "Seems Master Diluc was right..."

Your mind trickled back to last night's events. You felt yourself blush as you mindlessly walked. Thinking of his hands on yours and his body pressed up against you, you fought back at imagining what could have happened if you hadn't spoke up.

Suddenly, a gust of wind threw you back. It caused your train of thought to come to a halt as a leaf blade charged at you.

You barely dodged it as it sliced your cheek.

You looked at the Eye of the Storm approaching you. It was strangely glowing red.

Quickly, you brought about your claymore and started attacking it. Since it was airborne, you struggled to defeat it until it finally landed on the ground in an attempt to plunge on you.

You sliced through its core and it faded away with the wind. You breathed out heavily, standing up while looking at the large tree.

The wind blew vigorously around it, making the leaves fall towards the ground. Your suspicions were confirmed by this, and you placed your claymore onto your back and headed off to your next location.

As you did your scouting, you found yourself getting easily hurt and caught off guard. It wasn't because you were tired or exhausted...

...it was because you kept thinking of Diluc.

Gritting your teeth, you shook your head and cursed at yourself to focus. You finally locked in and managed to defeat a couple of Metachurls that were attacking you.

Sighing, you looked back up at the horizon. Dawn was approaching, and you considered your scouting done for the day.

You headed back to the city, still trying to distract your thoughts.