Chapter 5: Pompeii

Start from the beginning

He stood up from the table and went over to the one next to them where Casey happened to be sitting.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh God..."

Casey looked up at him. "You!"

"Nice to see you. I just need this for a second. Thanks." Loki took his drink and sat back down at their table. "Because the apocalypse is coming. Ragnarok, Surtur will destroy Asgard no matter what I do."

Loki poured the liquid onto the salad, despite Mobius' protests.

"There's the apocalypse."

"That's the apocalypse?"

"Ragnarok obliterates the salt." Once the container was empty, he set it back down on the table. "Ragnarok. There it is!" Loki announced, looking very proud of himself.

"What am I looking at?" Mobius asked in annoyance.

"Okay, it was a clumsy metaphor." He admitted. "But you see what I mean. It doesn't matter. It could be any apocalypse. It could be a tidal wave. It could be a meteor. It could be a volcano, a supernova. If everything and everyone around you is detained for imminent destruction, then nothing that I say or do will matter, cause the timelines not gonna branch. Cause it gets destroyed. Hence, the Varinat could be hiding in the apocalypse and do whatever he wants, and we wouldn't know!" Loki concluded.

(Y/n) nodded. "It's actually not a bad theory."

"Take me to a real apocalypse, to Ragnarok, I'll show you." Loki insisted.

Mobius chuckled. "Yeah, so you can run away back to your homeland? No."

Loki shook his head. "No, I'm not going home. We can go anywhere."

"I'm not taking you for a stroll along the promenade, much less an apocalypse." Mobius denied.

Loki sighed dramatically. "Oh, Mobius, come on! What could prossibly go wrong? We gotta test this theory."

"Well, here's a fun theory. You lure us out into the field, and stab us in the back. And that's a theory I don't wanna test." Mobius theorized.

Loki looked very offended. "I'd never stab anyone in the back. That's such a boring form of betrayal."

"Loki, I've studied almost every moment of your life. You've literally stabbed people in the back like 50 times." Mobius reminded him.

"...Well I'd never do it again, because it got old. Look, (Y/n) you agree with me right? Back me up here."

(Y/n) raised her hands to her shoulders. "Woah, hold your eight-legged horses Loki. Just cause I think your theory is possible doesn't mean I'm taking you to an apocalypse."

Loki pouted a bit, but still wasn't willing to give up. "Okay, look, neither of you trust me, you can trust one thing. I love to be right."

...

POMPEII, ITALY : 79 AD

Loki, (Y/n), and Mobius stood in a hidden alleyway, watching the people of Pompeii going about their business, completely unaware of the volcano that was about to explode and wipe them all out.