Knockout* (Boxer!Harry)

Summary: The one where Harry is a handsome stranger who always comes to your diner covered in bruises.

Word Count: 9.4k (jeepers, sorry!)

Content Warning: 18+, smut, slight exhibitionism, very brief violence

~~~

Your stranger is here.

He's sitting in his favorite booth, fifth one down from the first row, directly next to the window.

He's got his usual hoodie pulled over his head, obscuring any view of his face. His clothes are dark and seem to cover nearly every inch of his skin. His knuckles are wrapped in white gauze, but are stained with streaks of red.

And he's looking down. Staring at the menu on the table as though he doesn't order the exact same thing every time.

A cup of coffee – black – and a slice of pie.

He's like clockwork. He comes in exactly five minutes after midnight, takes a seat in his booth, and orders his usual.

Then, he pays his bill, and he leaves.

You've grown used to him. Comfortable with the idea of his face and his voice and the strange, but unsettling presence he brings with him.

You find that it's more unnerving when he's not here than when he is.

"Hi, Cherry."

Your stranger's voice cuts through the quiet diner and forces your attention from the mug of coffee you're pouring.

You glance up, finally able to see his face now that he's lifted his head. His skin is littered with deep cuts and vicious scratches. There's a bruise just by his eye that's dissolving into an unsettling shade of purple and his bottom lip is split down the middle.

Even still, he's smiling. A gentle upturn that looks almost painful given the cracked fibers and dried blood.

"Hi," you reply softly, feeling your heart race beneath your chest as his eyes find yours. "Would you like your usual?"

Somehow, his grin gets a bit brighter. As though he's touched by the question. "Of course," he answers calmly, in a voice you imagine you'd recognize anywhere. It's deep and sultry, but it crackles like lightning. Sensual in a way you can't exactly explain. "What have you made tonight?"

"Chocolate," you tell him, glancing back toward the counter where the pies are displayed. "With extra whipped cream."

"Mm." His hum is playful, and it matches the glint in his eye. "How much extra?"

"As much as you want."

He laughs, and you swear fairies are born. "Then I will have a slice of your chocolate pie, with as much whipped cream as you'll allow."

You feel your cheeks warm as you nod and turn on your heel to grab his order. Setting the coffee pot down before grabbing a small plate.

Once it's ready, you return, sliding it across the table beside his mug. "Is that all?"

"No," he says simply, gesturing now toward the seat across from him.

And just like every other time, you feel your pulse jump. "I'm...I need to get back—"

"You don't need to go anywhere," he interrupts with a wry grin. "Please?"

Your lips roll into your mouth, and your heart lands in your throat. Your stranger has always been good at getting you to do what he'd like, and it seems tonight is no different.