"You're the one who knows more about this shard than me. So, yes, I am waiting for you to say something."

He gave you a strange expression. "What more can I say?"

You opened your mouth, but quickly closed it when you realized you actually didn't know yourself. You exhaled, spinning around on your heel to walk back out the tavern.

Diluc held back a laugh as he watched you struggle to open the door.

"...I know it's locked. You don't have to say anything." You held back your embarrassment as he pulled out the key from his pocket.

You started to move away from the door to allow him to open it, but instead, you felt his chest press onto your back.

A shiver went down your spine as he pulled his hands around you to unlock the door.

You could hear his breath in your ear as he leaned down to pull away the key.

Quickly, you opened the door and walked out.

Whatever feeling had just overcame you was certainly foreign.

You brushed it off, making your way to your room.

🍷

"Where the hell is he..."

After changing into your disguise and sneaking out of the city, you were leaning against a tree, watching a few birds peck at the ground from a rotten apple. Diluc had told you to wait for him outside the city, but it had been half an hour and there was still no sign of him.

Groaning, you kicked yourself off the tree and took one last look around.

There was a hilichurl camp in your line of sight, and it appeared that they were sleeping.

You bit your lip. You were contemplating either defeating them or continuing to wait for Diluc.

You hadn't realized how you stood in plain sight, arguing with yourself until a voice startled you.

"Aren't you going to get rid of them?"

You jolted and grabbed the handle of your claymore on your back.

Sighing, you looked at Diluc who was dressed as the Dark Knight Hero.

"Must you always announce yourself out of nowhere?" You said, putting your hands to your sides.

"I'd prefer to keep myself lowkey in times like this." He responded.

You rolled your eyes under your mask, looking back at the camp. "...I'll be back."

Diluc watched you sprint away as he leaned back on the tree and pulled a fresh apple from a branch. Biting into it, he watched you fight against four hilichurls and one Metachurl.

Your abilities were indeed as the people described them to be. Quick, strong, and flexible. It was amazing to him how you were able to switch between using different elements; it reminded him of a blonde traveler that he had met a while back.

You destroyed the props made by the hilichurls and waited for their bodies to disintegrate. After you were finished clearing the area, you made your way back to Diluc.

"...You're eating while I'm working?" You panted, watching him take another bite out of a bright red apple.

"It's your job as a Knight to do so, no?" He said.

You snorted. "But I thought Master Diluc somehow always involved himself with the Knights."

He took a final bite of the apple and threw it to the ground. "Tell me. How do you address Kaeya?"

You furrowed your brows, confused towards his question. "Where is this coming from?"

"You were trained by him, right?"

You groaned. "Unfortunately."

"So, do you not see him as your superior?" Diluc crossed his arms.

"He will always be my superior." You stated. "Only in formal matters will I call him 'Master Kaeya'."

"Hm." Diluc pulled his mask further onto his face. "How is it that you have two visions?"

You pouted. "Is this some sort of interrogation?"

"Just trying to get to know my sidekick a bit more." He said.

"I am not your sidekick." You retorted. "This is only for the time being."

"As you wish." He pulled himself off the tree and started to walk off. You held your tongue, following behind him through the night.