So, did he include Ayan as an exception because of their previous relationship?

Akk unconsciously frowned and leaned down to open the bicycle lock.

He had just bent down halfway when he straightened up again and took out his cell phone from his pocket. The screen lit up and the caller ID note made him frown.

Akk took the call.

“Hello?”

“Akk, right? Didn’t you come to see Mr. Tann Suwannarat last week? He happens to be here today, come over.”

“Fine.”

Akk put away the cell phone and got on the bike.

He didn’t notice that there was a tall, well-built young guy next to the western restaurant’s booth, and when he left, he followed him leisurely. From the beginning to the end, his eyes never left Akk’s figure.

Akk looked for the old neighborhood. Probably because it was daytime, the food stalls were all closed. Some of the stores on the sides were open, but they were deserted.

On his second visit, Akk found his way up the shabby and dark staircase and followed it to the second floor.

As he passed the bar that had left a really bad impression on him, Akk instinctively stopped in his tracks. Memories of that night jumped into his mind, and reminded him once again of the middle-aged man he had just met.

Akk frowned and turned.

At that very moment, his body tensed slightly. After pausing for a few seconds, he slowly turned his head and looked toward the stairs he had just ascended.

Despite the daylight, the corridor was still poorly illuminated. Like the mouth of a man-eating beast, crouched silently, motionless.

Akk frowned, “… an illusion?”

He turned away and paid no more attention to it, he just thought it was a hallucination because of what happened to him today or because of too many memories.

Akk quickly moved forward.

There weren’t many people on the second floor, even the bar he had passed by earlier was closed. He had just taken a few steps when he saw one of the four people playing cards get up from his chair.

The man approached with a cigarette in his mouth and put on his shoes, frowning at Akk, “What are you doing here?”

Akk’s eyes twitched slightly, with a soft smile and calm tone, “I came here last week, and today I got a call to come and return the money to Mr. Tann.”

“It’s just to return the money, but you still want to see Mr.Tann… ” The man muttered obnoxiously and threw his cards on the table, “Come with me.”

Akk followed the man down the dimly lit corridor and stopped in front of a door at the back.

The door was a bit noisy. The man leading Akk pricked up his ears for a few seconds before carefully approaching and knocking on the door, then opened it.

“Mr. Tann, a young man – he looks like a student – says he wants to see you.”

Inside, silence prevailed, and after a while, a voice was heard, “Let him in.”