PRINCE ALBERT

LET'S CONTINUE, SHALL WE?

I maneuvered through the crowd until I sighted Grace holding a tray of glass cups filled with wine.

She didn't take note of me until I stood in front of her.

"You want a drink ma?" Grace asked me and I almost laughed. She didn't recognize me. That is why she didn't take note of me.

"It is Amelia dumb head" I said smiling. Her eyes widened as she stared at me.

"Amelia?" She called to confirm.

"Yes" I replied, she gazed at me from head to toe before looking at my face. Her expression surprised as she recognized me.

"You look..... different. Very different" she said and I smiled "Maisie needs to see you" she added.

"See who?" Maisie said walking up to us with an empty tray. She didn't recognize me either.

"Amelia ofcourse. She looks different and ...... beautiful" Grace said.

Maisie turned me and smiled "I thought you were one of the guests. Whoa you look good and different" she said smiling.

I smiled back "thank you guys" I said.

"Elie didn't look this good" Maisie said.

"How did you get the gown and..... makeup?" Grace asked.

"Princess Oliver. She got them for me" I said.

"She really do likes you" Grace said.

"We have to get back to work. Guests are arriving" Maisie said and Grace second. I allowed them to leave.

I took a drink from the counter as I found my way back to Oliver.

OLIVER'S POV
Amelia walked away and I just stood waiting for Albert to walk to me. It felt like ages. I was so nervous, I couldn't help my heart thumbing in my chest, my palms were sweaty.

Finally he stood in front of me. He was very handsome, he had pointed nose and handsome features, he gave me his ever charming smile.

"Hello princess Oliver" he greeted, stretching out his hand, I curtsied while he took my hands and placed a kiss on it.

"Welcome prince Albert" I greeted back.

"Can we please drop the formalities" he said politely still holding my hand with a smile.

"Ofcourse" I replied.

"You look beautiful Oliver. Even more beautiful than I imagined" he complimented and I smiled nervousness giving way for shyness.

"You don't look bad yourself Albert" I complimented "I hope you are enjoying yourself?" I asked smiling as he dropped my hand.

"Should I answer honestly or truthfully?" He asked and I chuckled.

"There is no difference. Please answer honestly" I said and he chuckled too.

"Well, I was. But I noticed I will have even more fun with you" he said before taking a glass from one of the tray a maid held.

He handed the glass to me.

"Let's cheers to a new beginning" he said and raised his glass.

"Cheers"

"Cheers"

We both said as our glass hit each other lightly.

He wasn't so bad after all. I smiled. He was nothing like I imagined him to be.

The music suddenly slowed down, turning to a romantic one. It was time for couples dance.

"May I have this first dance, my lady?" Albert asked romantically stretching out his hand, then I remembered I had promised Audrey that she could have her first dance with him.

I smiled at him "I had promised my sister that she could have the first dance" I told him politely.

"Your sister?" He looked surprised as he dropped his hand. Just then, I sighted Audrey walking up to us as she held some part of her ball gown to allow her walk.

"Hi prince Albert" she greeted when she walked up to us.

"Princess Audrey. I didn't know you were sisters" he said still surprised I turned down his offer. Even I was surprised, if this would make Audrey happy, I was going to do it. It is just one dance.

"Well, can I have this dance?"she asked holding out her hand.

"I'll be honored" he said politely as he held her hands and they walked to the center of the hall.

"You didn't change" I heard Samuel say, I didn't know when he stood beside me.

"How?" I ask.

"Always sacrificing for Audrey. Giving up your things so that she can be happy" Samuel said in queen's accent.

"She is my sister" I said as I watched her smile lovingly as she danced with Albert. I felt hurt though, I thought he was going to reject Audrey's offer to dance with him.

"I am proud of you" he said.

There was silence between us for a while.

"Who is that?" He asked.

"Who?" I asked back looking at him.

"The lady on black standing with those maids" Samuel said and I looked towards the direction he described.

"Amelia. She is my handmaid" I replied.

"Amelia" he repeated the name in low tone.

"Why did you ask?" I ask.

"I bumped into her few days ago" Samuel said "you won't mind me dancing with her, would you?" He asked.

"Dancing with who? Amelia?" I ask surprise. Does he like her?

"Yes" he replied.

"You can't" I stated.

"Why?" He looked at me.

"Father doesn't allow relationship between we and them" I told him.

"It is just a dance" he said as we watched Amelia walk up to us.

"I doubt that. You like her?" I ask.

He didn't answer. Amelia finally stood in front of us, she bowed politely with a smile.

LIKE THIS CHAPTER? LET'S DROP A VOTE AND COMMENT. DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW ❤️