Sympathy

You wake up. Your eyes heavy. Your body cold and stiff. It's still dark out. You feel sick . You get up and look in the mirror. You look peaky, most likely from all the crying and breakdowns this night. You grab your phone to check if Brando had replied.

4:26 am
Shit. You think to yourself.
You open messenger just to see your message was read at 11:37pm..
you let out a little cry.
Is he okay?
Will he ever speak to me again?
Did I ruin everything?
Multiple thoughts in your mind. Every single one about Brando.
You feel queasy, dizzy and dreadful.
Almost like there's 1 million deadly butterflies in your stomach.
You run to the bathroom and next thing you know you throw up.
Is this all because of today, or you actually getting sick.
You feel hands hold your hair up whilst your throw up into the toilet. You wipe your face and slowly turn to see Niccolò with a tense expression. You fall into his chest as he hold on to you.

"Hey Maria it's okay" he says softly.
Holding you tighter.
You let out a cry.
"How about we don't go to school tomorrow and we can do anything you'd like" he smiles at you.
You smile back. "Thanks Niccolò, but that doesn't change the fact that Brando is out there literally homeless."
"You're right. But i can't. I can't have him here after what you guy did." Niccolò says.
You heart drops but you still stand up.
"You're heartless. Look I love you Niccolò but seriously! He's out there. God knows where! And you're still here mad about what he done. Look I understand you never wanted this to happen but he is your best friend and leaving him out there, in the cold literally homeless, You can't do that to a friend." You get up and walk away, whilst Niccolò just sits there shocked almost hurt by the words his sister just said.
'She's right. I have no sympathy whatsoever. I can't do that to a friend. Especially Brando.' Niccolò thinks to himself

He gets up and walks to Maria's room.

Niccolò throws your jacket on you.
"W-what are you doing?" You ask
"You right I cant leave him out there. We are going to look for him" he puts his jacket on.
You smile.
"Thank you." You say.
You guys leave the house.

4:49 am
You guys are in the car just driving around the neighbourhood. It's a ghost town, no one's around.
"Hey, try calling Brando" Niccolò asks.
You get your phone out.
"I'm really worried now" Niccolò says.
You start ringing.
You and Niccolò look at each other hoping he answers.
"Hey it's Brando de Sanctis leave a message." It's goes on voicemail.
"Hey man where are you! Look you need to come back it's not safe out here. Me and Maria are looking for you." Niccolo says.
He ended the voicemail.
And he stops the car.
"FUCK! FUCK.FUCK" he shouts, hitting the steering wheel.
"Hey calm down" you say.
"I'm not going to calm down" he cries.
"This is all my fault I told him to go! I went to far." He cries.
You hug him. "We will find him, I know it"
You pull away from the hug and look out the window.
"HOLY SHIT! BRANDO CAR!" You shout.
Niccolò looks up shocked, relieved.
You both run out the car.
Niccolò shout Brando as he reaches his car.
Meanwhile you still trying to catch up.
You both look inside but no luck. He's not there except a heroin and a couple of needles.
"What" you say softly. You eyes fill up with tears.
"Shit. Shit. Shit" Niccolò walk around the road trying to look for Brando.
You join aswell.
"Brando!" You call out.
"Brando!" Niccolo does too.
With all the tears in your eyes it's hard to see, but there's a figure down the road on the floor. You run. The closer you get the more features you see. Curly hair. Beauty mark on the cheek. Bruises on his face. You run closer.

It's him.

"BRANDO! I FOUND BRANDO!" You cry holding his head.
Niccolò run towards you guys.
Brando looked lifeless he was pale and under his eyes where gray. You look down to notice a needle up his arm with a heroin container near by.
"No,no no no it's okay it's okay." Niccolo says as he holds Brando in his arms.
"BRANDO! BRANDO WAKE UP" he cries.
"Call the ambulance!" Niccolò cries.
You get your phone and call them. Your heart beating so fast. Your eyes filled with tears ,you cant see. Next thing you know you see an ambulance coming and police pulling you and Niccolò away.
They ask you questions and you guys answer honestly.
As they were about close the ambulance doors you and Niccolò run.
"Hey let us come! We're his frie-"
"Family we are his family" Niccolò interrupts you. You looks at him. Smiling.
They let you guys in.
You see Brando with 2 paramedics performing cpr on him.
You start to cry.
Niccolo pulls you in a hug.
"It's okay, it's okay" his voice breaking like his heart.
"THERES A PULSE" the paramedic said..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~