The Alpha's Daughter - chpt. 3

ابدأ من البداية

            “I’m able to walk myself, I don’t need you to guide me.”

            He went on as if I hadn’t spoke, “We’re mates.”

            “No shit Sh—”

            “You’re not going to tell anyone,” he demanded, his eyes sharp as he stared down at me.

            I felt my lips part open stupidly and then close. “Wha—are you rejecting me?”

            “No.”

            I frowned, “Then you’re accepting me.”

            “No.”

            I looked up at his face, feeling myself growing upset. “Then what? I’m stuck in limbo? No.” He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back, staring at my face without stating a word. I set my jaw, “I won’t let myself be treated like this.”

            He raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

            I felt tears sting as I grew angrier, “You don’t get to rule this stupid bond! I’m rejecting you!” The words flew from my mouth before I could register them. At first I was worried he would take them seriously but I should have known that he wouldn’t.

            “No.”

            I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to stop the tears that wanted to come. “Axel, you don’t get to—”

            My saying his name seemed to get a reaction from him. His lips fell apart for the briefest second before he was back to glowering silently. He tightened his arms around his chest, seeming more distant then before.

            I felt my hair start to slip from my bun and pushed it away angrily, “Fine. You want to be stupid? Then I’m not going to talk to you.”

            “Fine.” Upset by his reaction—or lack of—I turned and stomped away, feeling petulant and ridiculed. I walked down to the lake, feeling a few tears trickle from the corners of my eyes. I didn’t bother wipe them away, it was dark anyways.

            I found Redly talking to Ethan and another girl and walked over, stiff and hurt still from my encounter with Axel. “Hey Ebony!” Redly called, waving me over.

            I sat beside her on the log and smiled briefly at Ethan before letting my smile drop. He didn’t seem to notice, “Ebony, this is my cousin Vicky.” The girl beside Ethan smiled at me and waved briefly before letting her hand drop. She was beautiful with skin so flawless and glowing she had to be from an interesting background. I looked at her eyes and smiled to myself, I was right. She looked to me to be half Thai or Japanese.

            “It took a long time to get your shoe tied,” Redly noted.

            I shrugged, “I got lost.”

            “Even with the fire posts leading a clear path?” Ethan prodded.

            I glowered at him, “Yes, even with the fire posts.”

            He raised his hands in defense and laughed, if I had to guess he would be a Beta. He was too comfortable with me to be anything else. “Everyone usually chills down here at the lake when there is free time. People swim, talk, make out.” He looked to me and wriggled his eyebrow. I didn’t have it in me to react.