thirty-six; reunion

Začít od začátku

"Milo." I blurt. "His name is Milo."

The corner of Leon's lip tweaks. "I'll make a note of it. When is he due to come?" He asks before exploding into a coughing fit.

I grimace at the sound of it. He's not getting better and I know his days are limited. "In a few hours," I comment. "Is there anything you need me to get you?"

"No," he rasps. "I'm okay, thank you, Nate."

I give him a supportive smile before backing away. "Please don't tell my father about this, I want to tell him myself. When I'm ready."

My head glances over my shoulder as I pause by the door. Leon bows his head. "You have my word, Nate. It's none of my business, as long as he treats you right and respects the pack and the house whilst he's here. Then we don't have a problem at all."

"He already does all of those things," I add.

"Then good luck to you both," he says sincerely before I leave his office and shut the door behind me.

When Milo says he's on his way over, I can barely contain my excitement to hold him in my arms and make sure that he's okay. I know Reign has been in the infirmary since yesterday and she is like a sister to him, I hope they're all doing okay.

I dress down in comfortable clothes and slow my breathing when I hear his voice in my head. I can't get down the stairs quick enough and outside where our gates are. He's being let in by the guards and I'm pleased Leon spread the word, I really don't need any more trouble to deal with.

My eyes scan over his body when I spot his handsome face, piercing blue eyes that look tired but he still manages to smile. I can feel my stomach churn with butterflies like this is the first time we're meeting, it's so overwhelming I feel slightly nauseous.

I rush towards him, arms open as I elope him into a hug. My hand cradles the back of his head as he rests his chin into my neck. I take down his mouthwatering scent and allow my eyes to shut for a moment, my wolf finally recognising that he's okay. He's in one piece.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I breathe out, clutching him tighter.

His heart thumps against mine and it has my blood rushing around my body by default. "Me too," he murmurs, his lips grazing my collar bone. "I was worried about you."

After a few moments I pull back and take his face between my hands, analysing his face. He's tired, we both are but we will make each other feel better. My thumb brushes over his cheek gently and I sigh, knowing he's safe and in my hands.

"I missed you," I say deeply.

Milo smiles back at me and I forget to breathe altogether, eyes sparkling in my direction. "I missed you so much," he murmurs. "I really need you."

I lean forward and press a kiss to his forehead, lingering for a few moments. "I need you too."

When I drop his face and take his hand instead, there is a flock of people in and out of the house and barely pay attention to us. I'm relieved when I make it upstairs without being disrupted because I want Milo all to myself.

We definitely have a lot to catch up on.

As I shut the door behind me and watch as Milo perches on the edge of my bed, I follow suit and rest my thigh against his. "How are you doing?" I ask.

"So-so," he mumbles. "Reign came around from her coma but she's still not great. Everett is practically losing the plot and it hurts to see. We love her so much."