013 Moominvalley//Snufkin

Start from the beginning

Feeling bad for him, you decide to go looking for it. You quietly left the area before dropping down to the forest floor and looking for his hat. Your vision was a lot better than most people's, but even with that advantage, it was going to be a bit difficult looking for a green hat amongst flowers, grass, weeds, and other various plant life.

Like you predicted, it took a while -- you're not sure how long exactly -- before you found what you were looking for. You got back up on the trees before heading over to where the man was settled. To your surprise, he was still awake and playing some kind of tune.

You haven't heard much music throughout your life, but the little that you did hear you liked, and this was perhaps your favorite. You stayed there for a while, crouched on one of the tree branches, just listening to him before you decided to return what was his. Slowly, you descended the tree you were perched on and began to walk over to him, standing straight. You didn't walk much, but when you did you crouched, remaining close to the ground. You only did that so that you'd always be ready to take flight if needed.

He must have heard your descent because he looked over in your direction and spoke.

"Hello?" He called out again. Your steps stuttered a bit as you hesitated before you came into the light of his fire. He stood from where he was sitting; his brown eyes met your E/C ones as you two stared at the other for a moment. His gaze made your wings twitch under your cloak.

Now looking at him in the light, you noted that he wasn't a man, but instead a boy around your age, if not a few years younger. Brown locks of hair framed his face perfectly as you watched his eyes study your form. He was so beautiful and his body looked so much like yours. Was he one of your kind? What even were you?

"Can I help you?" He asked. You snapped out of your thoughts and held his hat out in front of him.

"Is...for you," You mumbled, trying to find the right words. He seemed shocked but took his hat nonetheless.

"My, thank you very much," He said, fixing it upon his head and covering his beautiful hair, "I didn't think I'd see it again." He added with a smile. You smiled yourself before he put his hand out towards you, making you take a step back.

"I'm Snufkin, a pleasure to meet you," He, Snufkin, said with his hand still extended. You looked at his hand and then back up at him.

"Snufkin?" You repeated, pointing at him.

"Yes, that's right," He confirmed, "And you are?"

"Y/N," You said, pointing to yourself. Snufkin's extended hand fell back to his side as he spoke.

"Well, Y/N, would you like to sit by the fire with me? As a thanks for you returning my hat?" Snufkin asked, making a vague gesture for you to sit down with him. You cocked your head to the side, eyebrows knitted in confusion as to what he was asking. You stared at him expectantly before his smile dropped.

"Y/N?" He asked. You hummed in acknowledgment and walked over to him but didn't sit down. You looked down at him, waiting for what he had to say.

"Do you want to join me?" He asked again.

"Do you want to join me?" You mimicked, smiling. Snufkin furrowed his eyebrows before patting the seat next to him saying,

"Sit."

You complied and sat next to him on the log. You noted the small setup above the fire, some sort of large pot being just above the open flame. He pulled out two small, wooden bowls and handed you one of them. He used a spoon to move some of the liquid from the pot and into the small bowls. You stared at your, now full, bowl before looking over at Snufkin to see what he was doing with it. You watched as he dipped the spoon into the bowl before lifting it to his mouth, gently blowing on it before eating it.