Chapter 6 - DODGING THE BULLET

Start from the beginning

I looked up and there she was. The lively Spanish girl who had interrupted out of the blue my training that afternoon. I couldn't help a grin on my face. She looked beautiful. She had some make up on and her almond-shaped eyes caught my eye. They seemed to be green now. She had her long hair straightened and behind her ears. She was wearing a tight short dress and I could see how thin and well-shaped she was. I couldn't help to wonder how would she look without all those clothes. She stared at me curiously, waiting for my answer. Her sweet perfume hit me and I didn't react until I heard her asking me again: "Could you please move along? Make some room, come on."

-       Oh! Sorry!  – I blocked my pone and got up to let her sit on the bench. – Do you have drinks? I'll fetch them for you.

-       I loved one of those – she answered smiling and pointing at my beer. I was very pleased for her choice. - What about you? – I asked her friend.

-       I'll have a White wine, thanks. – said Anna.

I went to get the drinks, still a bit adrift.

-       Here you are. – I told her offering the bottle of beer and a glass when I got back from the bar. She took just the beer and took a sip from the bottle. I looked at her stunned. She was so sexy, her red lips against the glass bottle aroused me. – I get you don't need the glass. – I told her jokingly, shaking the tankard I brought for her.

-       Beer is better from the bottle. – she smiled mischievously. – Thanks for the inviting tonight. It should be me inviting you, you helped me catch Nova. – She laughed all carefree remembering our meeting in the afternoon.

She had a melodious and contagious laugh. All in her radiated happiness but I could feel she was a bit nervous. The way she talked was magnetic, her accent seemed to be Spanish or Italian depending on the words she said.

-       By the way, how are your hands? – I sat by her side and grabbed her hands, turning them to see her palms, which were full of scratches.

Her hands were frozen. When I felt the touch of her skin against mine, a shiver went all over my body. She had slender and soft hands, pianist fingers. I noticed that under the long sleeve of her cardigan a small tattoo showed on her wrist. I pulled off the fabric to see it. It was a silhouette of the Earth. I caressed the tattoo with my thumb. 

I stared up at her eyes. She had blushed, but she held my gaze in silence. It was something in her that exuded confidence and fragility at the same time.

Just then, I heard a male voice shouting Elena's name, she got startled and broke eye contact, pulling out her hands from mine. Piero has just arrived.

-       Hey, I didn't saw you so I thought I may come inside. And here you are. – he looked at Elena smiling. I watched back to Elena and she looked embarrassed. Could they be together and I didn't realize earlier? He took a stool and neared it to our table, where he sat. He already had a glass of red wine and was sipping from it while looking around, sizing the premises. – First time I come here, the wine is nothing to write home about.

-       If you don't like it you don't need to stay. – I snorted. Anna and Michele looked at me surprised. Elena seemed to be trying not to laugh as she covered her mouth with her hands. – Sorry! I mean... if you know a better place we should go. – I said trying to solve the situation. Piero was looking at me as if he would be willing to punch me in the face.

-       Karaoke? – Anna suggested. – Do you know any karaoke in town? We can finish our drinks and then go. It may be funny!

-       Anna... karaoke? Are you sure? – said Elena laughing.