𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑

EVERYONE SAID THAT JEREMIAH MAYBANK DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE.

The moment the Maybank boy took his first breath upon entering the world people scowled at him, calling him yet another Maybank man who would become a disgrace to both himself and society. And who could honestly blame them? Luke Maybank was a man with a reputation that wasn't as pleasant as it should be. He was a world class alcoholic who spent the majority of his pathetic life either destroying every single thing he could get his grimy, dirty fingertips (take his sons for example) or getting drunk at local bars which would end up in him getting thrown out and scowled at for his continued immature behavior. Growing up in such a toxic environment, for a moment it almost caused Jeremy to believe the harsh words that always seemed to get thrown his way for no apparent reason.

Key word, almost.

See, there was a point in Jeremy's life where his self esteem had withered away to nothing and the entire world seemed to be against him. However as he grew older and his younger (yet annoying) brother was brought into the world, it filled him with a sense of purpose, almost as if he had some sort of mission to complete before his time was up (dark, but you get the point). Hence the reason why Jeremiah Maybank got his head out of the clouds and into a book. For one, he wanted to show his older brother that there was a possibility to reverse the horrible destiny that seemed to be laid out upon them from the moment they were born. Secondly, Jeremiah wanted to get the fuck out of Luke Maybank's house.

Shockingly, it worked. Jeremiah graduated high school with flying colors and eventually got himself accepted into college. Well, it was community college, but it was the effort that really mattered at the end of the day. He wanted to study psychology, to help those who struggled with abusive situations like he did. Jeremiah Maybank had finally proved them all wrong.

Rafe Cameron was poison. Jeremiah knew this from the moment they crossed paths at the annual bonfire, sharing glares with one another and the occasional scoffs escaping their lips whenever they would make brief eye contact with one another. It was a mutual hatred, one that Jeremiah didn't seem to be letting go anytime soon, for Rafe was quite literally the scum of the earth.

Despite the hatred, despite all of the glares and the negativity showed towards one another, something else seemed to have blossomed along the way. Love. Yep, surprisingly enough, Rafe Cameron and Jeremiah Maybank fell in love with one another in one of the most cliche ways possible. Rafe was the one who fell first, his eyes slowly growing softer and softer each time he would see Jeremiah Maybank surfing at the beach, his tanned and battered body showing off for the world to see. Jeremiah fell afterwards, his scoffs slowly fading away as he seemed to have noticed Rafe's change in behavior towards him.

It led up to a point where someone had to act, to tell the other how fucking in love they were, how they couldn't seem to breathe whenever they passed by each other. Once again, it was Rafe. Jeremiah couldn't even recap that night to you even if he tried, all he could tell you was that Rafe Cameron tasted like ecstasy and liquor, a combination that Jeremiah didn't know he could find himself so infatuated with. He was infatuated with Rafe fucking Cameron. Crazy how the universe works in mysterious ways, huh?

Jeremiah Maybank couldn't be any happier.

Until he wasn't.

What started off as a happy go lucky relationship turned into bitter jealousy, resentment, and violence. Most came from Rafe (ugh) who just couldn't stand seeing Jeremiah with someone other than him, for Rafe needed to be the most important person in Jeremiah's life, he needed to be his number one priority above anything else in his life. And despite all of this, Jeremiah still stayed. He stayed through all of the bruises and broken glass that seemed to embed itself into his hair after every argument, he stayed despite the toxicity that seemed to follow him no matter how hard he tried to wash the feelings away from his body. He stayed because he couldn't stand to be alone. He didn't want to feel the way he felt with Rafe with anybody else, for no one else could take his place.

Everyone always said Jeremiah Maybank was destined to ruin his own life, just like his father did. And maybe, just maybe, Rafe Cameron would be the key to making that prophecy come true.

STARRING:

BRANDON FLYNN|JEREMIAH MAYBANK

DREW STARKEY|RAFE CAMERON