⭐️ Paranormal|| @Gauravaaditya ⭐️

Meet Gaury (@Gauravaaditya). Master of overthinking and certified Despair in the Pipe game head he's not shy when it comes to whipping up hooking stories for readers to enjoy. A Wattpad ambassador with a passion for uplifting fellow writers he aspires to repay the boundless love and support he's received, aiming to transform the community into a haven of inclusivity and warmth.

His novel 'Near Touch' won the grand winner prize in The 2023 NanoWatt Awards, in the Paranormal Category and follows the unlikely tale of Amy and the mysterious phantom boy, Caleb, who turns her monotonous life on its head.

Amy's life is so predictable until days after the fall carnival ends and her school's hotshot rebel shows up in the hallway, looking like the face of death. It is as if Caleb wants everyone to be just as angry and alone as he is.

But he doesn't. It is only her.

Only her because nobody else can see him.

Mysterious forces accompany Caleb crashing into Amy's world, swirling around the town of Sirencester, threatening to unearth secrets best kept buried. Although she risks everything known and safe in her reality and decides to help figure out what has happened to the strange boy, Amy knows it in her heart -- this is something no one can ever predict.

Hauntingly irresistible and evocative, Near Touch is a love story for the fearless.

'•'•'•

How does it feel to be a grand winner of the 2023 Nano Watt Awards? Were you confident that you would make it this far in the competition?

Even though it is an amazing feeling, I had never imagined this honor in my wildest dreams! There were so many worthy competitors and some are even my close Wattpals and so it was surreal to be picked from such a fantastic lineup.

In your own words what is your winning entry about?

Near Touch is a paranormal romance story meant for the fearless. It lulls you into a sense of false predictability only to pull the rug out from under your feet.

Could you share with us the inspiration behind your story?

This story is an exploration of the eternal question of whether the heart (physical) or the mind (mental) is the dominant force when it comes to choosing a lover. When faced with a similar conundrum, I decided to solve it like any typical author: I wrote it down!

And, in short, what was the process like in taking this book from novel idea to finished product? Were there any challenges or pleasant surprises along the way?

Challenges dominated my journey more so than pleasant surprises, but in terms of quality, the one good thing that happened was that I made many amazing friends on Wattpad.

Having completed a full novel what encouragement would you give to writers struggling with self doubt and creative blocks?

Make friends with self-doubt and creative blocks because once you finish the book, you will have to write another and repeat the same cycle all over again.

In terms of its genre, How would you say your book defy or compliment the expectations/tropes?

Near Touch languishes in the ghost boy and nerdy girl tropes but flips the predictability of it all on its head. So, you get the best of both worlds.

If there was one character that potential readers had to read your book just to meet, who would it be and why?

Caleb Dawson for sure because he's the kind of person you'd always want by your side, especially if you feel alone in the world.

In terms of your writing style and storytelling what authors and/or creative media have influenced you throughout the years?

Books, movies, songs, manga and all other pop culture predominantly. I feel a writer is influenced by every waking and sleeping moment so inspiration is everywhere. One just needs to be in touch with one's Muse.

If you could have a crossover between your book and one of the books of a favourite published/ Wattpad author, who would it be and why?

I would love to have a crossover with AnnamitaMuscaria 's Hell is an Empty Heart because Caleb + Amy and Hades + Persephone would make the most intriguing dinner guests. And no spoilers, but a version of that crossover is definitely in the cards for the future considering the nature of my book's universe.

What other works or stories in the works can readers look forward to from you?

My second book which is a BTS fanfiction I wrote years ago, Polyculture, is a romantic comedy to definitely watch out for!

Now that the award season has ended, what can you say on your Nano Watt 2023 experience? Can we expect to see you in 2024? 😄

Definitely! The Nano Watt 2023 were one of the best community awards I've ever participated in. Even in the face of adversity, the team maintained an unparalleled sense of professionalism and optimism that made every participant feel cherished. I would love to participate in the Fanfiction category next year.

And before you go we must know....ketchup on your fries or ketchup to the side?🍅🍟

On the side, please! I want to be considerate of the Nano Watt team's preference when we go out to celebrate ;)

'•'•'•

Thanks again Gaury for chatting with us and congrats on your win!

You may find his winning entry Near Touch in our TNW GRANDWINNERS 2023 reading list or visit his profile at Gauravaaditya.