He gives a mysterious smile. "Ok, you know last week when I met you guys after our practice match right?"

We all nod, since we were all there.

"Well, after you all left, Aaron went in to shower, and I overheard Alicia tell one of the cheerleaders that she was tired of Aaron taking his time and that he should hurry up and get over you already.", he says, looking at me.

Wait, Aaron is still interested in me?

The hopeful part of my brain sits up, while the rational part tries to argue back. If Aaron wanted me, he would be with me. The fact that he isn't with me speaks more than a thousand words.

Steph must read my thoughts because she instantly speaks up. "That doesn't mean anything though, Jason. I hope you have more to go on because we have to have more proof than that."

Jason rolls his eyes. "That isn't the proof of course, but its what got me thinking, so I told Amanda to do some work for me."

"Wait a minute. Isn't Amanda the girl you were cheating on Kayla with? The dumb blonde with the fake tits and hair extensions?", Steph says, looking ready to fight.

"Yes, and yes. She and I are you know in a fling, and she's the captain of the cheerleaders, so she is the perfect person to dig for some information."

Steph and Quinn look at me to see how I am taking it, but I don't really mind. Jason and I are over, and as I might have already mentioned, it wasn't the breakup that hurt, just the fact that he was cheating on me.

The only breakup I care about is between Aaron and me.

"Go on, Jason", I say because he has stopped talking.

Jason cracks his knuckles, then goes on. "Anyway, Amanda and Alicia are a bit close, so I got her to talk to her, and here's the thing."

He leans close towards us, and we all lean forward as well. I have to admit, I am a bit interested in what he is going to say.

"Apparently, Alicia has something on Aaron.", Jason says in a hushed whisper. "It's something very important. That's what Amanda was able to gather from their conversation"

Jason looks at me proudly, but I have to hold myself from laughing.

It's just all too surreal.

Aaron – sensible Aaron dating someone because he is being blackmailed. The idea is so ridiculous that I push myself away from the table, laughing out loud.

Everyone stares at me, people on other tables stop in their conversation to take a look.

"What's the matter!?", I yell at them. "You've never seen a girl laugh before?"

Everyone hurriedly turns back to their conversation, and I take my eyes towards Jason.

"That is a ridiculous idea. Firstly,", I put up one finger, "Aaron is a goody two shoes. It's impossible to have something on him because he doesn't do anything bad – at all."

Jason opens his mouth, but I put up another finger.

"Secondly, Aaron is logical. If he was being blackmailed, he would tell an adult. He wouldn't date a person to keep his secret because it would be illogical and Aaron is not illogical."

Jason tries to say more, but I push myself up, and begin to walk out of the cafeteria, ignoring the shouts of my friends.

Maybe I've been delulu all this time. I've been looking for a reason why Aaron left me, but maybe I'm just looking for in depth explanations where the truth is simple.