Chapter Fifteen

Começar do início

"Well, aren't you just a beefcake now. Ha, ha." I noted my dad wasn't even in his chair when I looked up, but at the door. The bell rang? I got up and walked over to see who it was and maybe I shouldn't have. "Son, why didn't tell me your boyfriend transformed from a skeleton to a Greek God?" Now while this shirtless Greek God Princess laughed his butt off, a slight curiosity of mine stared back at my dad.

"Well... you saw him yesterday night...?" He confused me... so much. My dad. If not more than Leone.

Can't say I was surprised with, or what he tried saying next. "So, Chance, what are your intentions-"

"Okay!" Yeah, I moved in and shoved him out of the way. Then I closed the door behind me, stepping out with Chance. Damn this man for the body determination supplied and a grin so sexy my lips would for sure burn against his. Plain and simple. Damn him. But then, if my lips burned, wouldn't that be a medical problem he'd have to check out?

Was I just being crazy? Of course.

"So, uh..." I cleared my throat. "What's with... this?" My hands gestured his entire body, leaving but an inch away. "Not that this isn't impressive. Well, it's sexy but I mean, not like I wanna feel you but I mean..." Oh, I should've shut my mouth by now. His laughing sure never helped eased the embarrassment and blush red cheeks. Leone and Levy had it easy since blushing never showed.

Poor me.

"I thought, if you weren't busy, we could go to the beach today," he said once he calmed down. "I don't have anything to do today, so..."

After a bit of hesitance recollecting my thoughts, I replied. "Don't you and Arthur do Archery?"

"He's caught up with bills and such." Wow, was today like an international day for grownups, unlike myself, to do bills? Granted, it just my dad and Arthur as of now, but still. Probably Chris' parents, Levy's. Rafael or even Shana – haven't seen those two in a while. "And we never had a date yet and I don't wanna wait too long." We never really had alone time as friends anyway and I perked up at the idea so I agreed.

Not because I wanted to see his body glisten in the sunlight like it did now or watch the ocean torch it like I once saw. Not only because of that. So get your dirty mind out of the gutter and stop being a Chris. No, don't do it. Besides, who knows when the day would turn out like this again; warm, beautiful and free of any clouds.

Winter sure crept up around the corner.

In the time I went upstairs, packed all sorts of things for a random beach day and came back down to him and trying to understand why my dad seemed so cherry when we said bye, it was clear as day. Never mind the fact when Chance held Christian in his arms, the little man's fingers grazing his chest and then Dallas about to faint like a school girl. Never mind the fact I admired his muscles flexing ever so slightly with as little movement he made and the imagery of him holding my brother like that. Like a father – a pre-DILF, if I might add. So let's never mind the fact how warming of Chance my dad was compared to how he reacted with Leone.

But oh, father, how I worried I might never be married or last long with another man. We were on the road when Chance felt obliged to share a little personal moment between him and dad. "So, you're dad slipped me a condom." As always, my eyes rolled.

So very patiently I waited for when the time came that my dad won father of the year. Imagine the kind of speech he'd make, burning my own cheeks for that matter. I'd shrivel up in my mom's arms, watching her shake her head. If it came time for his kids to talk, I think I'd know what to say.

"So now you know my dad in a nutshell – if it wasn't obvious at Arrow or even first glance." Oh, father, father, father... The pain in my cheeks ceased to ease.