Turning Point

Little girl in her teens was running towards a well built boy who was walking with a limping man

Little girl in her teens was running towards a well built boy who was walking with a limping man. "Bhratha, ... Bhratha... stop.. Bhrata" this call made the boy stop and turn towards her, "Dushala what happened? why are you running?" saying so he caught her shoulders to help her to catch her breath. Dushala's eyes suddenly started tearing "Bhratha, that Sri jiji and Bhrata Karn are leaving Hastinapur". Listening to her words his widened and a frown was forming on his face.

"What are you saying Dushala? Don't play a prank on me." not believing her words. "No bhrata Suyo, I am not joking . I just listened kaka Chitrasen talking with pitamaha that they are leaving hastinapur." She tried to explain everything she listened. "Is he still with pitamaha Dushala?" Suyodhan asked. "Yes Bhrata" "Then let's go, mamashree."

Three of them reached there when Chitrasen and Bheeshm were having a conversation. "Chitrasen I know what happened had a lot of impact on your family but leaving everything behind and going to different place to live is not feasible." Bheeshm tried to reason. "No Mahamahim, it's not about that issue there is something else I have been running away from till now and its time for me to face that."

"What might that be Chitrasen mahoday that your are leaving a good life here in Hastinapur, and going somewhere ?" Shakuni stepped into the conversation. "Ghandar naresh Pranipat, I know that my life in Hastinapur is good, but there is some responsibilities which I have to take care of and I am sorry to say this but mahamahim I want my children to achieve their dreams, my son wants to become an archer and my daughter wants to gain knowledge and I don't think me being a charioteer in Hastinapur can make them gain what they want.

I don't think Hastinapur is a place where common people can achieve their dreams now, it used to be a great place before but right now it is not and now if you excuse me, I will take my leave" Chitrasen saying so he was trying to leave but he felt a slight pull.

"Kakashree, can you not leave please. We don't want Sri or Mitr to leave can you also not. If you want I will try to talk to pitashree to change the laws, so .. So that even Sri and Mitr can study. Pitashree never says no to me. If I.." "No prince, don't cry Sri and Vasu would never want to see you cry and even if law changes there is no one who will be wiling to teach sutas and sudras. Its not the law that is needed to be changed its the society and their thoughts that are need to be changed.

My prince I think you can be that someone who can bring change in society and people's thought. Can you promise me you will become one such person?" Chitrasen asked extending his palm forwards

With eyes full of determination and tears Suyodhan put his hand in his palm "Sure kakashree, I will become a great ruler and I will make sure that no one in Hastinapur will face injustice like my friends did." "Thank you my prince and I wish you will be an exceptional ruler and be a good person before being a emperor" Chitrasen wished him with a bright smile on his face.

"Sri and Vasu are waiting for you at shivmandir, they would like to have a visit from you my prince. I will take my leave now Gandar naresh , Mahamahim we will be leaving tomorrow at dawn." he said and left from there leaving the royals there.