✏️Madinah

Today, we have a Romance writer, Madinah!

Madinah is an editor at the Federal Ministry of Education. She has written many books, and the two books that she would be sharing with us today are My Mr. Perfect, Imperfect as well as Soledad; a Victim of the Fall. 

Scroll down to read my interview with Madinah! 

Q: Me (Interviewer) 

A: Madinah (Interviewee)

Q: Hello there! I'm , the interviewer for Behind Every Book, and I'm here to conduct my interview

Q: Hello there! I'm , the interviewer for Behind Every Book, and I'm here to conduct my interview. I hope that you are all ready for your interview! Is there any name you would like me to address you as?

A: Yes, thanks so much. I'm Madinah Abdulsemiu by name. Nice to meet you.

Q: Nice to meet you too! 

Before we start discussing about writing, could you share with us a bit about yourself?

A: Madinah Abdulsemiu is a graduate of the National Open University of Nigeria. She is the Second child in the family of five. 

Born and raised in Abuja-Nigeria, Madinah started showing her artistic skills at eight. She works as a writer on Wattpad and other writing platforms and her interests are broad enough to encompass different genres. 

As opposed to other branches of literature, Prose for Madinah has a greater goal. Presently, she works at the Federal Ministry of Education as an OAP and Editor. 

Q: Wow! So you're working as an editor! How amazing! 

Now, let's talk about your book, My Mr. Perfect, Imperfect. Hmm...the title is giving me some Romance kind-of feel. Could you share with us what it's about? 

A: Thank you. My Mr. Perfect Imperfect was originally written for Wattys2021. I knew I had no chance of winning, but I pushed myself to write the 150,000 word count book in six months. What motivated me to write it was from the idea that there nothing as 'a true or perfect love'. Well, I have a strong believe that love happens. And those mistakes and guilt made by both parties are what pillars the relationship as one. 

This novel is about an elementary school teacher who is forced to sign a relationship contract to inherit part of a multi millionaire company only if she is able to date the arrogant grandson of Stephen Alejandro, the founder of the company, for only six months. But Sapphire Blac, the elementary school teacher found love in the overprotective CEO. 

Jade Alejandro, the heir and grandson to the Bluebird Empire signed the contract because it was the only way he would inherit the company. His grandfather was willing to give out all his possessions, he knew Jade was rude and unworthy. Jade, however, ended up falling heels in love with Sapphire. 

On the other hand, Ace Walter, Jade's cousin was a secret mafia leader wanted Sapphire to himself. He made a deal with Jade's ex- girlfriend, Chloe Charlse, another obstacle on the way. Soon enough, Sapphire and Jade realized that they had a lot of impediments within and outside their family who will stop at nothing but seeing their downfall. While fighting through it all, Jade and Sapphire found true, selfless love along the way and their love prevailed at the end.