Chapter:5

Abhishek and Manisha were standing in front of each other after whole 2 years. Manisha was leaving the hotel when she saw Abhishek coming from the other side. They both looked at each other and time stopped for them. Their eyes met but Manisha quickly break the eye contact and started looking here and there whereas Abhishek was lost seeing her. Last night he just saw a glimpse of her but today she was standing right in front of him and he's just lost in her.

'hii, long time.' Abhishek greeted her with a soft smile breaking the ice finally after minutes of staring at her.

Manisha got surprised listening to him. She thought he'll ignore her and leave but he greeted her instead.

'hi, how are you?' Manisha asked fighting back her tears.

'perfectly fine. Tum btao?' Abhishek asked.

'yeah I am alright.' Manisha replied not looking at him and trying to run away from there but he was standing in her way.

'wesay tum yahan?' Abhishek asked breaking the silence once again.

'actually Riya is my friend.' Manisha lied.

'tum kahin ja rai hu kya?' Abhishek asked noticing her luggage.

'han wo actually Chandigarh wapas ja rai hun kch emergency hugai hai.' Manisha again lied to him because she just want to ran away and never meet him again.

'anything serious?' Abhishek asked.

'no nothing serious it's just that ke meray husband unke business trip se jaldi wapis aagaye or wo meray baghair rehte hi nh hain is liye ja rai hun.' Manisha's chain of lies continued. She thought now he'll let her go and don't talk to her further.

'ohh that's nice to hear. Your husband really loves you. You're lucky.' Abhishek uttered those words smiling at her and moved aside so that she could leave.

This time Manisha was looking at him and he was ignoring the eye contact. She knows he said those words just to show her that he moved on but to little did he know that she saw him searching for her last night like a maniac. Manisha smiled inwardly that he still can't look at her after he lied to her.

She started moving but fate was definitely not at her side today as Riya arrived there stopping Manisha.

'aray Manisha mein tujhe room mein dhundh rai thi or tu yahan hai.' Riya called her as she saw her leaving and Abhishek standing beside her.

Manisha widened her eyes as she heard Riya and slowly turned towards her as she can't act deaf.

'apko kch kaam tha?' Manisha asked her.

Abhishek looked at her weirdly as she never talked to her friends like this.

'han wo email send ki thi mein ne tmhein tum ne dekhi?' Riya asked her as she walked towards them.

Manisha closed her eyes and sweat appeared at her forehead as all her lies are going to caught by Abhishek.

'nh wo actually...' Manisha was going to say something when Riya interrupted.

'nh dekhi? Kyun nh dekhi? Ktni important email hai wo? Manisha mein dekh rai hun ke tumhara kaam mein bilkl dhyan nh hai. Mein tumhein yahan lai thi so that mera load thora kam hu sakay but tum to mera kaam or barha rai hu mujhay apne peechay bhaga kar.' Riya scolded her and she was not wrong. Manisha had really lost all her interest in work and was busy in her personal life. She looked down feeling guilty and insulted as Abhishek was listening everything.

Abhishek was unable to understand what happened here. Manisha said to him that Riya is her friend but Riya is scolding her like she's her employee. He was just confusingly staring at her.