25

The day of the dreaded confrontation that needed to be addressed had finally arrived. It was Wednesday evening and Aaron and Damon were both incredibly nervous as they prepared to meet with Josh to discuss their newfound situation. Damon had put off meeting Josh for the past couple of days, claiming he was super busy with all of his photography projects for the cafe he loved. But actually, the simple truth was that he was just couldn't think about hanging out with his best friend when he knew he was falling increasingly head over heels for Aaron. It was wrong of him to pretend that everything was fine to Josh's face.

They had decided to have this conversation in a park. Aaron refused to have the conversation at his house because of all his housemates. He didn't want any prying ears. Damon refused to do it at his house because that was his sanctuary and he didn't want any hostility there. So eventually, they decided on the park near both of their homes. It would provide an open space for them all to speak freely and it would also provide a quick getaway if things went south.

Damon had been the one to initiate contact with Josh again. He had asked the blonde to meet up with him at the park at around 8 o'clock in the evening. The two brunettes contemplated on whether they should tell Josh that Aaron would there too, and after much deliberation, they finally settled on telling Josh the truth. They didn't want him to feel ambushed when he arrived. Josh had sent a simple thumbs up emoji, indicating that he would be there.

As the two brunettes sat on a bench, anxiously waiting for Josh to arrive, the tension between them was palpable. Aaron's heart raced and he stole glances at Damon, who appeared equally anxious. Their hands were in their laps, both of them fiddling with their fingers.

"How you feeling?" Aaron asked the boy.

Damon didn't reply. He had definitely heard the taller boy speak but he just didn't know what to say, so he said nothing at all.

"It's going to be okay," Aaron tried to say.

But Damon shook his head quickly, an annoyed expression on his face. "Please don't say that everything's going to be okay. You don't know that. He could end up hating us both."

"Then let him," Aaron shrugged.

Damon refrained from getting even more annoyed at Aaron's carefree nature. "He's my best friend. I don't want to lose him."

Aaron wanted to reply but he decided against it. Damon looked like he was about to have an emotional breakdown. Aaron didn't want to make it worse for him so he zipped his mouth and looked around the park, hoping to people watch as they waited in silence.

Finally, Aaron saw Josh approaching the bench where he and Damon were sat, his pretty face showing a mix of surprise and curiosity. He had no idea why Damon had called this meeting and his presence immediately made the atmosphere more charged. Damon hadn't noticed him yet so Aaron took it as an opportunity to properly look at the boy's appearance, probably for the last ever time. After today, he'd probably want nothing more to do with either of them. Aaron was surprisingly okay with that.

Josh's arrival marked the beginning of an inevitable confrontation that had weighed heavily on everyone's mind. He approached the bench with his signature blonde hair tousled by the wind, his emerald green eyes reflecting a mix of emotions as he took in the sight of Damon and Aaron sitting there, anxiously awaiting his arrival. "Hey, guys," Josh said with a forced smile as he greeted them both.

Damon's head snapped up at his best friends voice. He stared at him, drinking in his appearance. Josh's outfit reflected his characteristic style, a mix of casual and cool. Despite the tension of the situation, he maintained his sense of fashion. He wore a well-fitted black jacket that added an edge to his appearance. Underneath, he had on a simple white t-shirt, which contrasted with the dark jacket. His jeans were a classic dark wash, accentuating his dancers build. He completed the look with a pair of black leather trainers, adding a touch of urban flair. Despite the emotional turmoil he was experiencing, Josh's outfit conveyed a sense of confidence and a hint of rebellion, which were characteristics of his personality. His green eyes, usually filled with a sense of mischief and adventure, were now clouded with nervousness, creating a striking contrast to his appearance.