A Hard Goodbye

The next show went great, I had an amazing time in Ohio, but I was excited for the next stop in Kanas City. We drove all night like usual and arrived in the morning. I woke up around 9 to a weight on my chest. I looked down and saw Leah lying on my chest playing sudoku on her phone. She looked up at me and smiled, putting her phone down giving me a hug. All I could do was smile as I wrapped my arms around her holding her close. Leah Williamson is in my arms right now, is this a dream? Does she know how I feel? Does she...

"Kacey?" She asked concerned.

"Yeah?" I replied snapping out of my thoughts.

"I asked how you slept."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't hear you, I slept good, you?"

"Very good, you're nice and warm."

All I could do was smile as I reached over to grab the remote and turn the TV on. After a bit of TV this morning we decided to head out and find a local coffee shop to have some coffee and breakfast. We found a small coffee shop not far from the venue and ordered everything before sitting at a little booth.

"What time is your flight?" I asked.

"6, so we have some time," She replied.

"Should we explore the city then?"

"Of course."

We ate and then I took out my phone to look up places in Kansas City seeing as I had never been before. I ended up finding directions to a local park for us. We walked and talked like we did before, our conversations just flow so well. We found a bench that was off the path a little bit, it was a nice quiet area. We sat down and I rested my head on her shoulder, Leah putting her arm around me.

"Do you have to go back?" I asked.

"Sadly I do," She replied softly.

"When is you next game?"

"Saturday, should be 9 am here."

"I will be watching."

"I wish I didn't have to go back."

"How come?"

"I could stay with you on your tour."

"You would do that if you could?"

"Of course, I have such a great time with you and I would get to see you perform."

"Aw Leah, thats so cute."

I smiled and looked up to her, fully taking her into a hug. I pulled back an smiled at her again but she only sent me a small smile back.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly a concerned look coming on my face.

"I just really don't want to leave you, I want to spend more time with you and get to know you better but I can't do that when I'm a whole ocean away." She said sitting back and staring off into the distance, clearly upset.

"Le, I know it would be hard but you can call me whenever you want and we can talk. I also am only on tour for two months and after that I have a break before the Europe leg, so I can be in London all the time."

"I know and we haven't know each other for long but you mean so much to me, I just want to be with you."

"I do too, and we can be like that soon, we just have to do our own things for a while first."

"If I can I will be at any shows I can be."

"You don't have to do that Leah."

"But I want to, I want to be there."

She finally turned and looked me in the eyes again, this time with less of a sad look. She smiled at me softly still looking for reassurance. She looked back in front of her when I didn't give that right away. I leaned in and kissed her cheek seeing a smile form on her face as I put my head back down on her shoulder.

We stayed there for a while talking and enjoying each others company before we decided to head back to the bus so Leah could pack. We decided we would use a car we rented for the day to drop her off at the airport. We drove in comfortable silence before we arrived at the airport. Leah got out of the car and I stayed sitting there for a second trying to collect myself. Why am I so emotional about her leaving? Pull it together Kacey.

I stepped out of the car to see Leah stood behind the car with her bags waiting for me. I closed my door and walked to join her.

"I guess this is goodbye," She said.

"It's not a goodbye, it's a see you soon," I said trying to be optimistic.

She smiled before taking me into a hug and then slowly turning around. She was about to walk away when I reached my hand out to grab hers to stop her in her tracks.

"Leah wait," I said finally grabbing her hand.

She turned back around and put my free hand on her face to pull her into a kiss. She put her hand on my waist pulling me in to deepen the kiss. She pulled away for a second to look me in the eyes and smile before placing a small peck on my lips.

"See you soon Kace," She said with a huge smile on her face as she turned and walked to the entrance of the airport.

I was frozen in place with a huge smile on my face. Did I actually just kiss the Leah Williamson?