Opening Show

Tour rehearsals went really well. I was so happy with the set we had picked out and the set list. I get to perform some of my favorite songs I have written in front of people that get to scream the lyrics back at me. It was finally opening night in Boston, and I was beyond excited to start. I was sitting in my dressing room with about 30 minutes until I go on. I like to be alone while getting ready for my shows, it relaxes me because I get so anxious. I decided to wear baggy brown cargo pants, a white crop top, and a blue flannel for tonight's show. I didn't want to go overboard and not be able to move during my show, but I was not feeling the fanciest tonight either. I checked my phone one last time before leaving my room, there was a bunch of good luck messages from friends and family, but one stood out.

9:09pm
Leah Williamson: Good luck tonight, enjoy yourself x

9:23pm
Kacey Hart: Thank you! Leah is it not 1 am there?

9:24pm
Leah Williamson: It is but I wanted to text you right before the show

I smiled at my phone before putting it down in my changing room and heading out the door. My manager Alex was waiting for me in the hallway to walk with me to the stage. He gave me some last-minute encouragement but honestly, I was so excited I didn't need it. Normally I was nervous before a show but today I wasn't. The backstage door opened, and my band had just made their way on the stage and standing in the darkness of the wings all I could hear was the crowd, they were already incredible. Alex handed me my earpieces and I realized I was about to start my tour in my hometown.

"Thank you, Boston and goodnight!" I said before walking off the stage blowing a kiss to the audience.

As soon as the stage door opened Alex hugged me and lifted me off the ground spinning me around telling me how good I was. All I could do was smile. My opening show was everything I wanted it to be, and I could not wait to continue this for a while. My family came to the show tonight, so I talked to them for a while before I headed back to my dressing room. I opened the door expecting to be alone, so I walked in quickly about to take off my flannel when I looked up to see a blonde woman sitting on my couch.

"Leah what are you doing here?" I said shocked.
"I told you I was going to come to a show, didn't I?" She said standing up giving me a hug.

I pulled back from the hug and sat down on the couch, inviting her to do the same.
"I can't believe you're here!"
"I wanted to be here for your opening show."
"Don't you have training?"
"Jonas gave us a few days off because we have a bye week."
"Okay, but that still doesn't tell me how you ended up in my dressing room."
"Well, I may have contacted Alex after I bought a ticket and he said he could get me in the VIP section and backstage before you got in the dressing room."
"Oh, I am going to kill him for not telling me."
"I wanted to surprise you or else I would have told you."

I could only smile at her, engulfing her in another hug. She let me change before we left and headed to a restaurant, she had made us and my team a reservation at. It wasn't an overly fancy place, but I had never been there before even though I am from Boston. The food was amazing, I got a steak and some vegetables. Everyone else had gotten into our ride, leaving me and Leah standing outside.

"I guess I better get back to my hotel," Leah said quietly.
"You don't have to, you are more than welcome over to my apartment," I responded not wanting her to leave.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, we are dropping everyone else off at their apartments first so it will just be us."

She wasted no time getting into the car after I got in. It did not take long until we were back at my place. I offered her some comfy clothes which she quickly accepted. After I had changed, I sat on the couch, not long after Leah joining me.

"I can't believe you're actually here," I said reaching my hand out.
"You really thought I would miss your opening show?" She said taking my hand and rubbing her thumb on the back of my hand.
"I didn't think you would come all the way while you were in season."
"Well I am here, now tell me are your deluxe songs actually about arsenal?"
"Yes and no. They both have something to do with my experience in college soccer and missing the field and game, but going to that game brought back everything."
"Do you think you would have gone pro if you didn't stop?"
"I definitely thought about it but I don't think I would have, I love what I do now and I couldn't do that if i played pro."
"You seem so happy doing what you are doing now."
"I absolutely love it and the rush I get performing in front of these crowds is crazy."

She smiled at me still holding my hand. She moved so she was now sitting next to me, never dropping my hand. I put my head on her shoulder and she put hers on mine.

"Thank you for coming Leah, it means so much to me," I said quietly.
"I had so much fun watching you do something you are so passionate about," she replied.
"Now you know how I feel watching your games, expect I think I might be a little more stressed out because I want you to win."
"True."
"When do you have to leave?"
"I have a flight out in 2 days, I have to get back to training."
"Do you want to come to my show tomorrow...with me?"
"Of course I do, i wouldn't miss it."
"I have a spare bedroom you can stay here tonight, my tour bus leaves tomorrow morning at 9 since we are only going to New York City."
"Thank you."

I stood up, Leah following me to the spare bedroom.

"There is toiletries in the bathroom for you," I said smiling while standing in the doorway.

She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist bringing me into a hug. She whispered a small thank you in my ear before heading into the bathroom.