Cash nodded in understanding, "My mom and dad was the same way for real until she left him for good."

"I haven't met him, where is your dad now?" Slim wondered.

Cash just chuckled, "He somewhere.. JD and Ja'Niyah talk to him, I don't."

"Hmm.." Slim sounded, wanting to hear more but not wanting to pry. "What's JD real name?"

"Ja'Don."

"Hmmm.." she sounded again causing him to laugh.

"You wanna know more bout my pops?"

Slim laughed, "If you wanna tell me.."

"I think I was just older and witnessed more of they arguments.. like I done seen him try to physically fight my mama, and she had to defend herself. JD and nem never seen allat."

"I'm sorry, Cash.." Slim frowned.

"Our kids not going through that tho," He told her.

Slim made a yikes face,"Kids?"

"Yea.. like in the future tho. Ion mean now." He clarified.

She shook her head, "Cash, I don't really want to have kids."

You could visibly see Cash's face drop, but he just nodded.

"Ight um.. that's cool,"

Slim looked at him, "I can tell it's not 'cool'.. but I need to explain why."

"Ight."

"I don't think I'm able to have kids.. well give birth.. I've had a miscarriage," She told him.

Cash listened as she continued.

"Los got me pregnant.. and once I miscarried the doctor let me know my chances of carrying a pregnancy full term are really low."

"So now, I just don't even want to try. Granted I didn't plan to get pregnant at first nor did I want to have Los' baby, but it really hurt when I lost the baby."

Slim just didn't want to put herself through that type of pain again.

"I apologize for the way I reacted," Cash apologized as he now felt bad.

"It's okay," she gave him a small smile.

Cash knew they were young and he wasn't ready for a kid. But, he also knew that Slim was the one he wanted as the mother of his kids.

"Finish your tea, papa." Slim said, pulling him out of his thoughts.

He looked at her and smiled, "Thank you fa coming over."

She smiled back at him, "You're welcome.. I hope you don't get me sick nie."

______________________________

A few days later