𝐱𝐢. love in the dark

TEDDY WATCHED her dad walk out, her heart beginning to race

TEDDY WATCHED her dad walk out, her heart beginning to race. Where was he going? The distressed look on Susannah's face wasn't helping at all.

She looked at Conrad who gave her a nod at her worried glare, trying to bring her comfort. Conrad thought she looked beautiful. But, he couldn't shake the fact that Jeremiah was dancing with the girl he wanted. And Jeremiah couldn't shake that Teddy was dancing with another boy.

"May I now introduce, the escorts." Teddy gave Kai a smile, tapping him on the back of his head whilst she walked away.

Teddy hugged Gigi, who held her hand out, "Your brother is such a gentleman." She said, blushing like crazy, "Gross."

As the escorts lined up to do their dance, the girls cheered. Their silly dance brought light to this crazy day. It was hilarious watching them do their moves. But, surprisingly, her eyes were shot on Kai. She felt a hand wrap around her shoulder as she looked at her dads teary eyes.

"Dad, you okay?" Teddy now turned her attention to him as he nodded, hugging her. "You look beautiful, sweet girl."

"What happened?" She asked him, speaking over the clapping coming from crowd. "Nothing happened." Teddy looked to Conrad and she knew that he knew what was wrong with him.

Conrad couldn't look at her. He had been keeping a secret that could break everyone's hearts. She stared at both of them, her hands beginning to shake. "Why are you lying to me?"

Her voice made him look at his feet, ignoring her completely. "Im not doing this with you right now, Teddy." Teddy scoffed, storming away from the table with force.

Teddy stopped in her tracks, hearing the taps on the glass. It was time for the dance. She looked around for Kai, feeling her the rest of her body begin to shake. Her breathing was becoming shallow and her shaky hand went to grab the champagne off the table.

Kai looked around for her as well, his face curving at the sight of her drinking. He quickly rushed over to her, taking the drink out of her hand. "Hey," he grabbed her spare hand, feeling her shaky, clammy hands, reaching for her other hand.

"You okay?" He asked. She didn't answer at first, shaking her head, "I can't do this. I can't," she tried to walk away until the boy grabbed her by her waist with two hands, forcing her eyes on his.

"I need you." Kai pleaded, giving him a scared look as the song began playing in the background. She closed her eyes, nodding as she let him lead her to the floor.

Kai watched her closely, seeing her analyze her surroundings. He gently grazed her shoulder, moving it to her chin as he made her look at him. "Just me and you, okay? Nobody else matters." Teddy inhaled, now staring at him.

As the dance started, their hands held infront of each other and Kai only smiled at her. His gentle hands caressed her waist and spun her around, still remaining eye contact.