✏️ Narix

Beginne am Anfang

Thinking about it now, I realized how much it sounds like Wonderland! I actually love Alice in Wonderland. Maybe that's I love playing with the practical and the impossible.

Q: It seems like you got the inspiration for this story from a movie! It's great to hear that you love playing with the practical and the impossible. 

Now, let's move on to talk about your other book, The Knights of Aragon. It seems to be another Fantasy story! You must love writing fantasy stories. 

Could you share with us about The Knights of Aragon and what it is about?

A: I did get inspired by a movie! I had always wondered what the story would've been like if it was told by the Stars rather than the humans. And I added extra lore that wasn't talked about and made it my own.

The Knight of Aragon was the very first book that I published on Wattpad and I was inspired by a cosplayer on TikTok. She had this beautiful long red hair and was in full body armor laying in a grassy field. The entire story had somehow been downloaded into my head! It's based on the myths of Arthur and the Round Table, except it continues after the legends had disappeared and died. So it explains what happened to Avalon and how Excalibur disappeared. 

My main character is Valencia of Stormhold. Her story begins in a small and caged village called Stormhold. The entire village is surrounded by a powerful creature that they called The Mist. Right off the bat, her adventure begins when The Mist awakens and threatens to destroy her home. Instead of running she fights back and is giving a divine mission.

Q: Valencia of Stormhold! What an interesting name. So she has to accomplish a mission, which I believe has to be something to do with The Mist. 

For such a mission, I believe Valencia of Stormhold must have some character traits to complete it. Well, where did you get the inspiration to build her character?

A: It was a myriad of things. Valencia isn't just my story's main character. She's a sister, a daughter, a teenage girl. I took a lot of my own experiences and embedded them in her development throughout the story. I tried to write Valencia to be related to all firstborn daughters and older sisters. As Valencia grew in the book, I healed certain parts of me little by little.

Q: I see. So basically, Valencia's character was built from your personal experiences. That was also what I tried to do for my book too, except including that I was a firstborn daughter. 

Hmm...let's move on to talk about your writing journey so far. Among the books that you've written in your life, do you have a book that you enjoyed writing the most?

A: I do have a book that I enjoyed writing the most and it's one of my oldest drafts! I actually published it about two weeks ago. It's called Pearl Academy and its a sci-fi book. It pushes the theory of time travel and alternate dimensions. It was actually a bit whimsical since I wrote it when I was younger but when I finally got my hands on it, I decided to make it somewhat realistic and much darker. It is the story that got me into writing, actually. Among the many ideas, this one made it onto the page.

Q: Hear that yall? Go check out the book Pearl Academy by our dearest Narix now! 

Ooh, so this book got you into writing! I'm sure most of our older drafts are part of our writing journey too. 

As we go down the memory lane, I'm sure we are grateful for those who have helped us throughout our writing journey in a way or another. Would you like to thank anyone who has helped you throughout your writing journey? 

A: I would like to thank my sister, who is the main reason why I started publishing on Wattpad. My readers who have followed my journey since the beginning! I am so grateful for them too. It's been a long journey and it's been so hard to be consistent with school and work but everyone has always stayed. I can't wait to see what the future brings to my writing! 

Q: Yes, it's indeed important to thank our readers for reading our books. Other than that, we can also thank those family and friends who have supported us through our writing journey. 

As a writer, I'm sure that you've accomplished some goals and achieved some awards from the contests that Wattpadians host. Well, what do you think of your achievements in writing so far?

A: Well one of my books on Wattpad has nearly reached a thousand reads and it was such a surprise to wake up to one day. I never thought I would have to many reads like that before. In addition to reaching that milestone, I participated in NaNoWriMo which helped me be apart of this incredible community. I can't wait to gain many more milestones and accomplishments in the future. I hope to see many more follow my journey towards accomplishing my dreams.

Q: Over a thousand reads? Woah! That is indeed a wonderful achievement! Always remember to give yourself a pat on the back whenever you accomplish a goal. 

I'm sure you have many dreams ahead. Could you share with us some of your goals in writing, and how you plan to achieve them? 

A: So far, my main goal is to self-publish my works within the next five years. I am currently studying for my major but writing has always been my dream. I plan on doing it all myself and selling them. The publishing scene is always hard to navigate but I have seen many successful authors thrive in self-publishing. Until that day comes, I will continue to grow my community on Wattpad and continue writing my novels on here.

Q: Ooh you're studying for your major? All the best to you! Don't worry, I believe you'll be able to achieve your dream of self-publishing your books. I'll definitely buy them if I see them in the bookstores in the future! XD 

We are now about to end this interview! But still, I have two more questions for you before you go. 

1. Do you have a favourite quote to share with fellow Wattpadians to allow them to continue to strive and be better writers? 

2. Would you like to share with striving writers a piece of advice? 

A: 1. "Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney.It's my favorite quote from my favorite movie. It's the only thing I recite whenever I hit a speed bump. 

2. If you really want it, keep going! Sometimes it's easy to give up when things get tough or when a troll on the internet says negative things about your work. But the best revenge is to keep going until you succeed! It's what I plan to do. 

Q: What an inspiring quote and message! Thank you so much for sharing these words of encouragement that are sure to keep our aspiring writers going! 

We have now come to the end of our interview. Thank you so much for your time, Narix! Have a great day ahead! 

And there we go, another interview has been completed! Thanks for reading my interview with Narix, I hoped you all liked it! 

This was my first time interviewing a Wattpadian that I had not spoke to before, but of course, Narix gave me a very good impression of the Wattpadians out there! 

If you have not, do go sign up for an interview at Behind Every Book! Head to the "Forms" chapter now, fill up a form and get ready to be interviewed! :)